Home Alone for Dinner...

Options
samvanz
samvanz Posts: 122 Member
I'm home alone for dinner tonight. Normally I cook for 2 people - when I'm by myself I really can't be bothered. Lunch is fine, I can be bothered with that, but dinner, no way.
I live next door to a pizza shop - it's so tempting to run next door and just grab a pizza for dinner. It's cold (I'm in Australia) and I just want warm fatty food.
Give me some motivation, forum people!

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    You're going to face a lot of decisions like this. You just have to make the right one. It's that simple.

Eat pizza and stay fat or fix some dinner and lose weight.

"I can't be bothered..." Well. Be bothered.

Good luck!
  • joaniegray
    joaniegray Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    One way to avoid this - when you cook for two, cook sometimes for 3 or 4 and freeze meals (for one). Then times like this, it's just a matter of using microwave. This works very well for me. What do you think?
  • samvanz
    Options
    I think that's a great idea, Joanie!
    And McKayMachina, I love the hardass attitude. It's true. JFDI.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Exactly. Tough love!

But, seriously, what I hear you saying is that you're not important enough to do right by. And I just don't think that's true. If you're cooking for another person, you can cook for yourself. You deserve the good treatment, too. :)
  • samvanz
    Options
    I do always find it pretty confronting when I'm in this situation - what would I do if I found myself alone, for some reason or other? Not to say that that's a real fear, but it does say a lot about how I feel about myself.
    Thanks for bringing that up, something to ponder for sure...

OH and I just had some soup. :-D
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    this is when it's a good idea to have something in the freezer that you can just throw in the oven with zero prep time. There are some veggie lasangas out there that have no preservatives and are lower calorie. I'm just like you..."no hubs tonight? hmmm thinking maybe pizza" lol hang in there you can do it!