Metabolism Question- Starvation mode

Options
13»

Replies

• mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I went to a trainer today for this very thing as wells as had my fasting blood sugar and thyroid checked and both are completely normal....good in a way but bad too since nothing has changed in me for over 1.5 months not an ounce or an inch.

I drink tons of water, to tons of cardio, hit the weight room lots too. I just got professional measures and had a bmi done with an Omron electronic thing and we will get new results in a month and see if things have changed at all from there.

I have started to add more intenst bursts of cardio into my routine to shake things up a bit.

Basically I am in the same boat as you and my next thought was to see a nutritionalist as per both my dr and the gym trainers recommendations. Gotta love my stubborn body...NOT!!

I have also started really paying attention to sodium intake.

The trainer also mentioned taking 250 mg of magnesium at bed time and an extra B vitamin in the am. I take more damn vitamins than I seem to eat in food.

Let me know if you get some solid answers so I can join you and see success
  • johnnythebaptist
    Options
    My Doctor states: a male should eat 1400 Calories and a female 1200 Calories; Male will burn normally 1700 Calories a day without exercise; Female 1500 Calories a day without exercise. He also states you body will go into a protect mode if you fall below 1200 Calories. Thats what he told me and many other patients. I just believe the prescription he gave will help me and I just do it. It has worked thus far.