"Thank You" !!

Options
I've been going through the forums and reading some of my friends' status updates and it hit me how encouraged I get not only by their success but by the fact that they are married or have boyfriends/girlfriends. It is a reminder to me that regardless of size or shape, people can still find love. I know this is a corny post- I totally get it - LOL.... but I am single and have been for a LONG time. I had convinced myself that it was because of my weight and that guys are just shallow and didn't want to be with me because i wasn't thin. But I guess the old saying is true that no one will love you until you love yourself. I'm working on it and hopefully I will find someone soon.... but just wanted to share this thought for anyone else who may feel the same way as I did- and say thanks to those of you who encouraged me without knowing it! :)

Replies

• sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    so true! Right there with ya!
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Awwww.... I love this!! I have nothing eloquent to say in response, just a silly grin of agreement.
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, I believe it will happen for you as well, when you least expect it.
  • lq022
    lq022 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Wow I agree with you 110% !! I have always thought the exact same thing about myself ... im still on the fence about how i feel concerning this topic, basically because i dont get the wanted attention until there are days where ive been eating right. exercising and i look my best. Maybe it is true that "you wont find someone until your thin" .. but i think the other half of that sentence is "because you dont feel good about yourself being heavy" .... I've seen the girls who are over-weight who have boyfriends/husbands and they do seem content in their bodies. I wish i could look at myself with all the confidence in the world and realize all my other accomplishments and have that be enough to be confident, but for me thats just not the case. BOTTOM LINE: We have made a commitment to get healthier and along with that will come the weight loss .... if we find love from others along the way, thats great ... but i think alot of us will find acceptance of ourselves from ourselves ... and that'll be the best thing of all *