Drinking Water

Options
My downfall is getting enough water everyday. It's not that I mind drinking it, the problem with me is that I don't remember to drink it. I was wondering what everyone else does to remind themselves. I guess I'll just put post it notes everywhere!

Replies

• titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a stainless steel water bottle and carry it around with you, filling it each time you empty it.

Having it by your side to remind you to drink more water should help greatly.
  • atrevathan
    atrevathan Posts: 1
    Options
    I fill up 2 nalgene bottles each morning and keep one on my desk at all times...... I think seeing it helps me remember too :)
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I keep a water bottle with me at all times and I try to get to 15 glasses of water a day .. it's like a little game I play with myself. I think it helps that I really see a difference in my weight loss when I don't drink water and not in a good way if you know what I mean.
  • catfish82
    catfish82 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have a drink just before i eat, if your like me i never forget to eat so find it quite easy to remember drink first :-)
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I have a 24 oz Turvis Tumbler that goes with me everywhere. Every time I look at it, I take a drink.
  • wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    Options
    I drink when I get thirsty which has been quite a lot recently. I often forget to eat, but don't forget to drink
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I have a giant cup on my desk at work that holds about 5 or 6 cups. I drink that while at work, plus 16 ounces with lunch. I drink 16 ounces with dinner and 16 ounces while I workout. That gets me to 10-12 cups a day. Weekends are a different story, I usually don't drink enough on the weekends.
  • Tmrice721
    Tmrice721 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    There is an app on android "Drinking Water" it will chime throughout the day to remind you... I have it and it's driving me crazy but I've been getting my water in :laugh:
  • lisapickering
    lisapickering Posts: 374
    Options
    Yep, like others mentioned get a water bottle, fill it up and put it on your desk or carry it with you. This will help you for 2 reasons - 1 it's there so you will drink it and 2 you don't have to keep track of how many glasses you've had.
  • JessPaul93016
    JessPaul93016 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I discovered that I drink more when I have a straw. My boss brought me in a water bottle that hold 34oz. and have a straw coming out of the lid. I now drink 2-2 1/2 of these a day filled with water. I just found something that works for me, much like this site in helping me lose weight. :wink:
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    My beginning of this lifestyle change, water was a challenge. Since I know I will lose more if I keep myself hydrated I have worked out a system for myself. I have 4 - 33.3 water bottles. I fill them up each evening once home from work, stick them in the fridge. Pack my lunch in the morning with the water. I have one drank by noon, one by 3:00, the 3rd by 6:00 pm and the last one for drinking when working out. 132 oz of water for the day. I try not to drink anything after 8 pm because it will change my weigh in come morning. It's a concious effort you have to make with yourself.. You can do it...
  • shefly
    shefly Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I had a problem drinking water until I got a pretty water goblet and a glass carfe and put it on my desk. I know drink 2 liters of water a day before I leave work. I know it may sound crazy but drinking water from a glass made a difference in me.
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I purchased a big glass 1 1/2 pint VOSS water bottle, I find it's much easier to drink when I see the water level going down. I try to fill it at least 4 times per day.
  • wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    Options
    I used to drink water from bottles but it looked quite daunting that way, I have a couple of 250ml size glasses so know how I'm drinking
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I have a Nalgene bottle with ounce markers that holds four 8 oz glasses of water. I drink at least 2 of them while at work to make sure I get the recommended 8 glasses. I also drink 4 to 5 bottles of water after work while working out, eating dinner, etc. I used to not be a big water drinker myself, but other than one cup of coffee each morning, water is literally all I drink now, so I don't have problems getting my water in.