and so it begins

Options
Hi, I'm new here. This site came highly recommended from a couple friends. I have a short term and long term goal. I feel that focus and consistency will be my struggle. I work full time, go to school full time and have two little ones (they are mine all mine and I don't get support of any sort from the bio-doner). I have one more year in the nursing program (ASN), though I will be going on to get my BSN. I am, in my opinion, 60-70 lbs over weight. I have a definite want to drop the weight, to get heathy and stay fit. It's promising to see all the possitive posts on this site. Good luck to all of you.

Replies

• VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll love it here and will succeed. The structure, accountability , support and motivation here is amazing.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I agree with VixFit - the MFP community really helps me stay motivated.
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    welcome! there are many women on here in your same situation (me being one of them) that works and does it all on their own. i dont get support but i love my kids more than anything and love that i dont have to give them up on the weekends! lol i have about 60-70 more pounds to lose and am here if you need a friend with similar goals for motivation. congrats to you for starting this journey and good luck! :smile:
  • Slayer66
    Slayer66 Posts: 265
    Options
    Hi and Good Luck to you, not only on your goals here, but also your career/educational also =)
  • vampymegs
    vampymegs Posts: 39
    Options
    Thank you so much to all the welcomes ... I start classes for the first summer semester on monday ... I can't wait ... getting back into it all ... I love to be over tasked :)

good luck to you all ... I'm now on the search for inspiration ... I need to STOP over eating/snacking
  • phenomeva
    phenomeva Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi :) Good luck finding your inspiration.
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    look at all you CAN do!!! being a single mom, full time school too, you CAN do the weight loss thing too, we are here for you!!!
  • vampymegs
    vampymegs Posts: 39
    Options
    I just want to say thanks to all of you that posted replies ... I'm loving the energy here :D