Losing about 10-15 lbs

Options
And I need support!
Somehow life caught up with me and I gained about 20 pounds since last October. :noway: So here I am, trying to lose it all before it gets out of hand. Not to mention some of my very favorite clothes dont fit right.

My motivation is the florida weekend getaway that I will be taking with my husband in July, and the bikini in my drawer that I plan to wear there.

So feel free to add me! :heart: I am on the right track, I just need a little encouragement. I would imagine we all do.

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Just a word of advise. Since you have less than 20lbs to lose you only need a small caloric deficit. I suggest you set your weekly loss goal to 0.5lbs/week. If your deficit is too large you risk burning off muscle instead of fat. welcome, and good luck
  • ceschwartz
    ceschwartz Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • jayhawkfanatics
    Options
    Florida is my same motivation. I have alittle more to lose than you but I am determined and this has really helped me. I wish you much luck, Florida is a great motivator.
  • jenreb1
    jenreb1 Posts: 10
    Options
    You will fit into that bikini in no time !! Good luck on the weight loss - feel free to friend me, we have similar weight loss goals!
  • spgipson
    spgipson Posts: 20
    Options
    Hey...I just started four days ago and I am excited. I have way more than 10-15 pounds to lose- more like 48 but it is "put back on" weight. I actually had gastric bypass surgery eight years ago and lost 115 pounds and it was wonderful. But the surgery and smaller stomach did all the work. Back to the same habits put 50 pounds back on over the years. So this time it is all on me- and food and exercise.

So I understand bad habits and I am so proud of you for stopping it early! You can do it! We can do it!

And you know why??? Because WOMEN ARE FABULOUS!!

Keep in touch....we all need the inspiration of hearing success stories! OH...and I keep my bikini hung up on the outside of my closet to remind me of WHERE I can get to if I keep trying! It is tiny and at one time I looked AMAZING in it!

Sherry
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    About the same sort of goal as me. Have been gradually putting on weight over the last couple of years and realised it's time to get a handle on it. It's more about making sure I eat the right things for me, weight loss is a bit of a bonus - making sure we're putting the right things into our bodies is so important, this is a real lifestyle change for me. Goodluck :)
  • Shutterpillar
    Shutterpillar Posts: 208
    Options
    Thats exactly it for me.. I had been eating horrible. going out to eat 4+ times a week, eating late at night, getting seconds (sometimes thirds) on desserts, emotional eating, boredom eating, the list goes on.

All in all I was eating too much of the wrong thing and I need to nip it in the bud now before it gets too out of hand.

Thanks to those who have added me so far!
  • reeree33
    reeree33 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have the same problem - recently went on holiday with my boyfriend and put on one of my favourite tops and it was too tight. The horror. Since then I've been trying to build up the courage to actually stick to my calorie allocation.

It has to be done as the selection of clothes I can wear in my wardrobe is being substantially reduced,

Good luck!