please read and help

Options
a guy friend of mine just wrote this to me

" u asked if u shuld lose whatever weight- really it dunt matter- but the way u looked sophmore year... mm mm m
cuz ur very curvy- u had like the perfect bod
i always think like it should b easy to lose 20 lbs
u still have good body- just before ya know was real good"

im about to break down in tears.. those photos was when i was 110! im 130 now.

Replies

• ashleyjea1985
    Options
    a guy friend of mine just wrote this to me

" u asked if u shuld lose whatever weight- really it dunt matter- but the way u looked sophmore year... mm mm m
    cuz ur very curvy- u had like the perfect bod
    i always think like it should b easy to lose 20 lbs
    u still have good body- just before ya know was real good"

im about to break down in tears.. those photos was when i was 110! im 130 now.
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Well, you can be happy that you have an honest friend. Most guys say I'm OK when I ask, but I think they are just trying to be polite. However, "very curvy" is something which does not describe 130lbs, to my opinion. Well, depends on your height, but still. Then it's also a personal view - maybe he is into skinny girls?

It's more about how you feel and how healthy you are. I don't think you're unhealthy. Just as with me (since we're about the same weight), it's more a matter of losing some annoying fat here and there.

So wipe away the tears and think "I'm looking good, I'm pretty and I'm gonna do it for myself". And remember this one: there's no way you'll make everyone in this world like you. No way. That's the good part of it, the difference in tastes. Cos we're all so very different.
  • shivers
    Options
    It's always hard to ask for other people's opinions... cos sometimes we really are better off not hearing it. :smile: I think you need to remind yourself that it's your body and your choice and if you think you would look good at 120, then don't feel pressured in to losing another 10lbs! Your body does change as get a bit older and if you're training hard then you'll probably put a bit of muscle on too, so it might be hard to get a lower weight but you'll still be toned and slimmer.

I'm 25, 5'6" and couple of years ago I was about 118 and I used to lose about 5lbs to compete at 113lb. I took a break from doing that cos the crash dieting was really getting to me, started eating right and training hard. Now I weigh 131, but my ideal weight is about 126, I honestly don't think I could healthily drop below that anymore, but I'm still not much bigger than I was before. Hope this helps...:flowerforyou:
  • rongabbard
    Options
    Instead of thinking am I overweight by someone elses standards, why not think this? How do I feel and could I feel better if I dropped 10 - 20 or more pounds. When we worry about getting results, nothing changes. When we adopt change in the healty ways we eat and take care of out bodies, then results will happen. So focus on yourself and how you can help your body, then watch the High School reunion snobs heads turn again.. hehe:bigsmile: