Android or blackberry

Options
I need to upgrade my phone so am thinking of either an Android or Blackberry. I want to make sure the MFP app works very well. What has been your experience with the app on the two types of phones. Really want to use the app to keep on track when I am on the go.
thanks
Nancy

Replies

• Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    What else do you need the phone to do? In other words, what functions do you need on your new phone?

I have an Android and the app works very well for me. Sometimes it doesn't automatically synch but that's easy - I just synch it manually, no biggie.
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have the Droid 2 and the MFP app works great. I never had it when I had my blackberry as the MFP app wasnt available then so I cant compare the 2 for you.
  • gonnabeskinny2011
    Options
    I have the HTC wildfire, app works briliant on their also have website bookmarked to go on to.........love the phone!!!!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    we have it on both the wifes BB ap is pretty plain no barcode scanner I love my android version
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    iphone! I don't use the iphone app for MfP, I much prefer using the web based version on a desk based computer or lap top :-)

If I had to pick between android or blackberry, I'd say android :-)
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I have a Droid X, and I love it. The MFP app works great, and the scanner is awesome! The keyboard on my BB was much easier to use for me then the touch screen on my Droid, but I'm sure that's because I got used to it. I've been using the swpe system on the Droid and am getting faster. I can't compare the MFP app between the two, as I never had it with the BB. The apps available for the Droid are unbelievable. Wait until you find "angry birds." ") My husband and my 3 y.o. are both addicted to it.
  • michelleisgettinfit
    Options
    Definetely Android. My friend has a Blackberry and wants a new phone so it will work better with MFP. I love my Android. :)
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I have the droid.....I love the app for the droid, its my best friend! Blackberry v.s. Droid, I have been told the blackberry over all can be complicated to use. Most of my friends ad business collegues, all have the droid. My suggestion is to go somewhere where you can compare phone to phone, look at features available, size and feel of phone. That should help you decide~Take Care
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I have a blackberry...and I love it, but not for this site. My hubby has the droid and it is much better to use. He has a app that he can scan the label of boxes....so much easier then typing & searching on the phone!
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I have a Droid X, and I love it. The MFP app works great, and the scanner is awesome! The keyboard on my BB was much easier to use for me then the touch screen on my Droid, but I'm sure that's because I got used to it. I've been using the swpe system on the Droid and am getting faster. I can't compare the MFP app between the two, as I never had it with the BB. The apps available for the Droid are unbelievable. Wait until you find "angry birds." ") My husband and my 3 y.o. are both addicted to it.

Oh GOD! Angry Birds!! I LOVE IT!
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    we have it on both the wifes BB ap is pretty plain no barcode scanner I love my android version

No bar code scanner would be a deal breaker for me. I use MFP on my Atrix (Android) with no problems. Love the bar code scanner - so far I have had only one item that did not scan properly. I want to eat things just so I can scan them - so cool!
  • bertie36
    bertie36 Posts: 8
    Options
    i started on the Android and love it. i now use both my phone and the website. the barcode scanner is really good and it is great to have mfp with me where ever i am. no experiece with the Blackberry though.
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Angry Birds is so addicting!!!...LOL
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Definetely Android. My friend has a Blackberry and wants a new phone so it will work better with MFP. I love my Android. :)

This is me! I have a BB and yes I'm thankful for the app but I've seen my friend's droids and how much more they can do as far as any app goes. I can't wait till my upgrade comes up!!!!!
  • tannaleigh
    tannaleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have it on android and it works perfectly. Never had a BB so can't compare the two.
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Angry Birds is so addicting!!!...LOL

Excellent point! Do you use a HRM while playing? ;)
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Droid all the way. I've had both and last year upgraded from my BB to my Droid. I will never have another BB.
  • nancy9801
    nancy9801 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone, droid it is!
  • jeepzilla
    jeepzilla Posts: 201
    Options
    if you can wait for another month or so you want to get the bionic if you have verizon... awesome phone coming I'm waiting i have one of the first droids models... I love my phone... I will love the bionic so much more...
  • GrampsWooha
    GrampsWooha Posts: 184
    Options
    droid all the way. ill fight anyone that says different. well....i wont fight them.....but i WILL show them how fast my droid X is !