Need Support

Options
Hi All!

I have been on MFP for a few weeks now and I love it. I am working hard, and although I am losing slowly, I am losing. I've really been moved by the support and love everyone on this site shows. It is awesome that we all have a common goal we are working towards.

I have decided that I'm no longer going on Facebook. I used to go on way too much and i am turning my focus to MFP. I have a few awesome friends on MFP and I really would like more. Please feel free to add me if you are also on this positive journey and looking for support.

I appreciate each and everyone of you. :)

Replies

• MCDerin
    MCDerin Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!
    I am sure that you are a tad frustrated with losing at a slow rate, but remember that the slower the weightloss the more sustainable it will be. So, CONGRATS :)

I applaud you for the FB sabbatical :) I am on it all the time, but I also have a large support network there.
    However, if you want support here, i am happy to to connect.

Good luck and nice to meet you!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    LOL...I am so hooked on MFP that I never go on FB anymore. I will friend you...
  • tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    Would be glad to be your mfp buddy....I spend more time on mfp than on facebook.....
  • lookin4love
    Options
    Im a 28 year old bisexual woman looking for a good woman to talk with and help shed a few pounds...
  • courtneyweiss
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race, right? You are doing fantastic, keep it up!

LOL, I was surprised this morning when I went to MFP before Facebook! It's just as addicting but maybe a little better for us, right?
  • dezwark
    dezwark Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for friends and support so i am happy to friend you.
  • write2sonya
    write2sonya Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I too am no longer using Facebook as I find this site a lot more valuable and informative...not to mention slighly addicted ;)
    Friend request sent!
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Love MFP, but can't seem to get rid of FB, I'm addicted!

However, MFP is a GREAT source of motivation and support for my weight loss/healthier lifestyle journey. I'm sure my FB friends would laugh if I asked them anything about calorie counting or exercising! I love this place and am glad to have the support system!
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have also strayed away from FB lately... much more REAL support on myfitnesspal ;-) i agree that this site might be just as addictive as FB lol.
    I too am looking for friends for support if anyone wants to add me. Every additional friend is extra motivation to succeed in this weight loss journey.
  • rhenderson1229
    Options
    Thank you for adding me. I agree with the need for support. It can do wonders to know you aren't struggling alone.
  • ivorythorns
    ivorythorns Posts: 33
    Options
    I just joined myself, but I completely agree with how you feel... I'd love to hear you out!