Low calorie snacks that fill you up?

Options
Can anyone recommend low calorie snacks that are filling? I am trying to lose weight fast for an upcoming trip but all the snacks I have are high calorie or are not filling. Thanks!

Replies

• cheyenne_alexis
    cheyenne_alexis Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Eat bananas ! They are suppose to be one of the most appetite suppressing snacks ! They fill me up :)
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    celery is my awesome low cal snack, the pb I dip it in makes it not so low calorie but it takes a while to eat so I don't need much to feel full.
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    100 calorie cocoa roasted dark chocolate almonds. Pure protein bars (I usually have half), chobani greek yogurt
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    i enjoy apples for a filling snack, being as i do low carb i stay away from them at the moment, but otherwise love them!
  • sandyw127
    sandyw127 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    any 100 calorie snack havent met one yet that i dont like
  • amsecord
    amsecord Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've bee having Jello Temptations lately (my favorite is the French Silk Pie flavor). They are 140 calories for one snack cup. I usually have it an hour after lunch rather than the 250 calorie bottle of Coke that I crave in the afternoon. The pudding fills me up an satisfies the sugar craving. It's still 17 grams of sugar, but compared to the 70 grams in the Coke, it's a huge improvement.
  • EmbeeKay
    EmbeeKay Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Popcorn! (Homemade is best for you!)

AND when I am hungry I cut up a whole cucumber (incl skin) - there's like 45 calories in 300 grams (a lot of cucumber!).

If you slice an apple up into lots of thin slices and eat it slowly it will feel much more filling to you.

OR, take a tablespoon of peanut butter (95 cal) and cut up a ton of celery and dip tiny bits of peanut butter on the celery to stretch it out.
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    Apples...I never thought I'd ever say this, but I actually crave apples now :) I also think sticking to whole foods versus processed foods will keep you feeling fuller for longer.
  • erinhale
    erinhale Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese, pure protien bars, lara bars, string cheese with a beef stick, rice cakes with salsa, carrots and hummas, tuna with mashed avacado w/crasians, pudding, and apples w/ pb. OR Banana with nutella
  • absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    - sauteed vegetables
    - eggs (egg whites if you're not a fan of yolks for whatever reason)
    - berries
    - occasionally cottage cheese
    - UNPROCESSED FOOOOOOD

:-)
  • teanabean
    teanabean Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    apples
    sugar free jello - 60 cal
    rice pudding with a little bit of cinnamon
    string cheese with whole grain crackers
    greek yogurt, my favorite is Oikos organic caramel, its delish, fills me up and has a ton of protein for 110 cals.
  • lisabel87
    lisabel87 Posts: 152
    Options
    nothing fills me up :/ but here are my favorite healthy snacks
    -sliced apple with 1-2 tbsp of peanut butter on top
    -G.T kombucha
    -fiber one chewy bar (oats and chocolate) 140 calories, not the healthiest but sometimes I just have to eat processed food!
    -non-fat cottage cheese on occasion
    -whole/raw almonds! fill an empty altoid container full of almonds and thats how many almonds one should eat in a day (source: shape magazine)
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs, apples with peanut butter, bananas, almonds and chocolate chips, granola bars, oatmeal, homemade health cookies, carrots with low fat dressing or hummus. Sliced tomato on whole wheat toast.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I try to have protein based snacks, so:

Cottage cheese
    Spoon of peanut butter
    Piece of cheese - about 30g
    yogurt
    boiled egg with little light mayo & pepper

x
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Apples.. sometimes dip with peanut butter for an extra kick.
    Carrots.. sometimes with peanut butter or hummus.
    Green pepper, cucumber, again with hummus.

Fruit with greek yogurt. Stay hydrated too so you aren't mistaking dehydration for hunger!
  • Roadchickie
    Roadchickie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Kefir shake:

1 cup lowfat/fat free plain (unsweetened) Kefir (between 90-110 calories depending on whether fat free or lowfat)
    1-2 cups fresh, organic berries: strawberries or blueberries or raspberries (switch them out not to get bored, or do a mixed berries shake)
    1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
    1 TBSP organic, raw honey (or use Splenda if you don't want the extra calories)
    1 TSP Flaxseed (optional)

Blend with ice.

This keeps me full for a good 2.5-3 hours and is often what I use as a recovery drink after a long endurance ride.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Raw brocoli and cauliflower dipped in hot sauce
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I get the jello parfiet's sugar free only 20 cal per cup
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Bananas are filling, but you don't want to eat several a day.
    Grapes, baby carrots, and popcorn (don't add butter and salt!) are great if you feel munchy.
    Sugar free jello is great.
    Laughing cow cheeses are good, too.
  • NoMorePerfect
    NoMorePerfect Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you so very much, everyone! I am going to write these down. I need to get better food in the house and the processed junk out!