Hi :) new and could use friends and advice

Options
dezwark
dezwark Posts: 144 Member
I am new to the boards and started using wii zumba. i know nothing about food and am trying to find the motivation i need. i am stuck at 144 and am desperate to get to at least 130. I am a stay at home mom to 4 children, lol you would think they would keep me thin. but after my 4th it has been really hard for me to loose the tummy. I am up for any support or advice. thanks for reading.

Replies

• Shutterpillar
    Shutterpillar Posts: 208
    Options
    Hi! i'm new too and have the same goal weight as you. I'm also a mom to two kids who keep my busy. :wink:
  • write2sonya
    write2sonya Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome aboard! You will find lots of information on this site as well as an abundance of support!
    Using the Wii fit is a great way to get your cardio and burn off those calories. Also at home with the kids I am sure keeps you very busy. Remember to track all of your calories...I am sure you are burnin' a lot ....
    Friend request sent!
  • dezwark
    Options
    thank you so much. i got a new droid so i am excited that i can track my food as i eat it. that was the worst for me because when i would sit at the computer it was hard to recall what i had eaten or how much i drank. so this is a great start for me. i started my weight loss goal at almost 180lbs or so and being down to 144lbs is great, but being stuck here isn't so great :)
  • nancyhn22
    nancyhn22 Posts: 1
    Options
    Me TOO! I'm finding my last 15lbs. so hard to lose. What I'm trying to focus on lately is slowing down when I eat to try and really taste all the flavors in every bite I take. Doing that really helps me eat less and pay attention to when I'm full. It's been really hard with the little one though not to just shove food down my throat but I'm practicing mindful eating. Good luck to you. I'm right with you in the frustration of weight management!
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have 5 kids and I completely know what you mean. You would think with all the running around that I would be thin...NOT! Feel free to add me and we can encourage each other...and possibly keep our sanity from the kids. :) Just kidding! :)
  • jayelledee2
    Options
    I am also a stay at home mom of 4!! I know what you mean too. After the 4th one it is hard to get the weight off. For me its about finding the time to actually get a real workout in. I do 10 minutes here 20 minutes there. I take walks but of course the kids are with me so it really isn't a workout! But I just started and I'm determined to make this work. My husband is in the army and he has to stay in shape for his job. I don't want to be the fat wife standing next to my fit soldier!
  • dezwark
    Options
    great thanks to everyone for being so friendly. i feel better already lol