2 NSVs :]

Options
shamubegone
shamubegone Posts: 14 Member
NSVs (Non-Scale Victories) that have happened recently that I haven't told you about yet:

1) My poor belt (which I had to look for in a million different stores because they dont make belts big enough for me) is WAY too big on me! I need to punch some more holes in it to make it work :]

2) Over the weekend, I wanted to buy a nice pair of dark jeans that fit me correctly (all my jeans are turning into parachutes on me) so I could look nice for an event my friend was putting on, but the plus size sections in a couple of stores had nothing to offer me. At another department store I visited for some face powder and other stuff, I passed the misses department, looking for the plus sizes. Alas, the jeans they had there sucked. So I almost gave up til I saw my sister looking through the misses jeans on the wall and I thought, "What the hell, I'll just give it a shot" and tried on some jeans in (big) normal sizes. AHHHH! They fit!! I am so done with buying over-priced plus size jeans! I am no longer limited to what the big-girl fasion industry wants me to look like! YAY! Seriously, this was a great motivator and I only want to push harder so I never have to go through all the trouble I have gone through my whole life just to buy some clothes. I want more choices. I want more comfort. Well, choice and comfort, here I come!

Replies

• Ladydi1982
    Ladydi1982 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! You must feel amazing right now! Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!

I have now added 2 more holes to my belt that i used to wear on the last hole (biggest size) it is a great feeling isn't it?
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSVs - your poor belt. :laugh: Shopping in the Misses department is a dream of mine also - congratulations!
  • cawood2
    cawood2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I actually had some jeans die, so I went to get some at the plus size store, in my usual size. a week later, the button fell off, so i took them back to exchange. They didn't have the right size though, so for kicks I tried the next one down... and they fit!!! Isn't it an awesome feeling??? And I can feel them getting looser as the days go by. Kudos on your loss and YAY! for the NSV's!!
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for this!
    I am no longer limited to what the big-girl fasion industry wants me to look like!

Congrats on the NSV's!!!
  • shanty1
    shanty1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You are so very awesomely amazing. :)
  • ajfro
    ajfro Posts: 26
    Options
    That is just too awesome! Good for you!!! I am so happy for you. Big victory!

What I hate most about Plus size jeans is the manufacturers seem to think that everyone wants a bedazzled mess across their butt. Oh..what...you are plus size ..let's add some studs, a couple flower print things..maybe some buttons and eyelets.
    I have the worst time trying to find PLAIN jeans that look nice.
  • Pseudocyber
    Pseudocyber Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

Yeah, from a guy's side, I was out of the "normal sizes" ... and am now back under size 40. My kids walked around singing "Dad jeans, Dad jeans!".

I'm also a pack rat, so as I lose, I still have all my old, broken in jeans ... nice seeing those long lost friends again. :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!