90X by Beachbody

Options
Has anyone tried these DVD's. They ranked pretty good at Beachbody for calorie burn; however, I wanted to see if anyone has had results.

Replies

• Tiffany
    Options
    Has anyone tried these DVD's. They ranked pretty good at Beachbody for calorie burn; however, I wanted to see if anyone has had results.
  • ptinsley
    ptinsley Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Tiffany,

Not sure if you found your answer to this, but I have had amazing results with this program. I love it!!

Let me know if you'd like a link to my story and progress video!

Perry
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this workout and P90X+ since December. Hard work, but rewarding. Didn't lose much weight, but did change body structure. Lost lots of inches, have more definition and more stamina. Easily done at home, on your time and at your pace as you can push pause anytime. Lots of modifications to exercises to make it a little easier or harder. I would go for it again!
  • ptinsley
    Options
    Way to go Carvan!

Yes, the Plus is awesome, too. True P90X is not a weight loss program as it is fat loss and strength program. I love the fact it doesn't require a lot of space either!!

Modification.. always a bonus.
  • carvan
    Options
    Just did chest and back workout from P90x. i forgot how awesome this workout is. May restart a whole new round come September. right now just picking and choosing a workout each day. Tomorrow may be cardio x
  • fitmom2six
    fitmom2six Posts: 15
    Options
    Yep! P90X isn't designed to be a weight loss program specifically, although you will lose body fat! It's more specifically designed to build muscle. I started it last fall, then had a bad round of sinus infections that knocked me down and out! I am starting again August 18!! I can't wait!
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    I am currently on day 26 of P90X. I love it. It is intense, but they tell you that up front. We'll see how good my results are in 64 more days.
  • carvan
    Options
    I just got Tony Horton's One on One plyo legs. Now talk about intense. Most of the exercises are culled from other workouts, but the reps are crazy. Any where from 30-50 and the wall sit is 1-3 min. Was able to wall sit squat for 4 minutes after my first round of the x, but haven't tried it since.

jdtrainer: Great job. You must be in the recovery week now. Recovery, hah! Are you doing the classic version?

fitmom2six: Good luck with your next round of the x. I think I will restart as well, but might be doing the lean version this time around. Last time I did the classic and I loved it. Still can't do an unassisted pullup, but I am working on it. My pushups have really improved though!

Have a great day all

Carol
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    Carol - Yes, I am doing the classic version. I am seeing some improvement but I doubt that I will look like the guys on TV afterwards! Did you see a lot of difference day 1 to day 90?

JD
  • carvan
    Options
    JD: I did see changes, but not like the ones on TV. Honestly, those people have done multiple rounds of the program. A few males (and I say this because they do show the most changes due to their muscle mass), show very good results after just one round, but these guys are already quite fit.

In my case, I did become stronger and more defined. Weight didn't change, but inches were lost. People are always asking me how much weight I have lost and have trouble believing me when I tell then 'nothing'. I do take a smaller size in clothing, including shoes!

I am very content with the program and will try the first tony horton one on one Plyo legs tomorrow. Wish me luck!
  • carvan
    Options
    Okay, did tony Horton One on One Plyo Legs. WOW! Lots more reps than regular Plyo. Hope I can walk tomorrow!
  • ptinsley
    Options
    I love the new One On One... but yes, super sore afterward!

JD... you can look like the people on TV... cuz I was one of them and couldn't believe how the program just changes you. Just awesome. And with the variety... no boredom as you already know. Then, they keep making more and more challenging DVDs to keep things fresh.

I just love the workouts and support thru the message boards. I also love coaching others. Just an amazing thrill to support others to succeed.

I can honestly say that Beachbody has changed my life. I reflect back 5 years ago and can't believe my mindset and perceptions that have changed living this way.

Congrats to all who are making a change for the better!

Perry Tinsley