This is my first day.

Options
I am 35yrs old and 276 pounds standing at 6'. I am a mother of two wonder children, a 4 yr old girl and 1 1/2 yr old boy. I have dieted in the past and lost alot of weight, but now I have put it all back on and more. I was young and single and had all the time in the world to focus on myself. Now that I am a mom and work full time I don't seem to have the time or energy to do the diet I did when I was 25. My daughter is now at that age where she is starting to notice peoples different body types and asks questions. I also want to lose weight in a more natural positive way so I am not setting a bad example for my kids. I don't want to be the fat mommy. I grew up with a mom always focusing on how fat she was and was always trying different diets. I don't want to that to my daughter. My friend told me about MFP and it is working well for her. I am looking forward to my new journey.

Replies

• finley360
    finley360 Posts: 16
    Options
    Welcome!!

I think we've walked similar parts of the same road!
    I too have lost and gained... lost and gained .... and am now starting a weight loss journey again (and for the last time!) at 270lbs.

I'd love to support you!
    Let's rock this : )
  • bosh_chic
    bosh_chic Posts: 10
    Options
    Thank you. Having the extra support is awsome!:smile:
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Hey, best of luck with your journey. Everyone on here is so nice and supportive. :) Feel free to add me for motivation :)
  • Shine004
    Shine004 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Pretty new at this as well. This site is great for motivation. I have been up and down on my weight. The hard part is not being able to play with my son without giving out to quickly. Started my journey to a better me eighteen days ago and not giving up. You can acheive your goals. Feel free to add me.
  • sannerloo
    sannerloo Posts: 5
    Options
    I feel exactly the same way as you! I'm also a mom of a 4- and 2-year-old, also trying not to be the fat mommy... but very little time to myself. I just joined MFP, and it's been fun so far. I'll send you a friend request!
  • Dreawolf
    Dreawolf Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Feel free to add me for support. I've been here for about 30 days now. :smile: