Time Awake

Options
What are your opinions on this MFP program and number of hours awake per day...

For example, I am almost always under my calorie goal for the day,except when I work a 16 hour day... Yesterday was one of those days.. I tried so hard... Woke up at 615am in Houston, flew to JFK, then to Boston, then to DC and back to DC... with the weather there was an over 5 hour delay getting back to Boston on the last leg. I did not get back to my crashpad until 2230pm and hit the sack about 0100am....

So I was awake for a little over 16 hours and busted my calorie goal...Obviously if I had an opportunity to workout this would not have happened, and if I had not drank the beer I would have been ok too... but that is not really the poinit I am after....

So, should the number of hours you are awake effect your calorie intake for the day? I would think that if you are only awake 8-10 hours per day you would require less calories that if you are awake 16-20 hours/day?

What say you?

(when I sighed up, I put sedintary for my lifestyle, as I do a lot of sitting on my butt)...

Replies

• Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Makes sense to me - but not sure how much is burned when sleeping. I always find when I sleep more, I seem to lose more!
  • VStar55
    VStar55 Posts: 75
    Options
    I think it would make a difference only if you've increased you acitivity. I say this because I've heard that the calorie burn while sitting is almost the same a laying down ( bad news for me since I sit at a desk all day).