MFP Runner's Club 9-3

Options
Yea!!!

I hiked through the woods (rough terrain, no trail, dodging spider-webs and briars) for two hours yesterday and still managed to hit the gym this morning!

5 min warmup
18 min run @ 6.1 mph
5 min cooldown

Replies

• lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yea!!!

I hiked through the woods (rough terrain, no trail, dodging spider-webs and briars) for two hours yesterday and still managed to hit the gym this morning!

5 min warmup
    18 min run @ 6.1 mph
    5 min cooldown
  • Slender1
    Options
    Hi all,

I didn't make it to sprints this morning. Last night at Boot Camp I pulled something in my neck/should and spent all evening icing/heating/popping Tylenol. Still woke up too stiff and in too much pain to go run around for an hour. :angry: This is the first sprinting class I've missed in 8 weeks! I am bummed.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    We did an indian run at the end of bootcamp this morning but nothing real major. We will be running our standard 3.5 miles tomorrow morning I think. They want to try and do a 10 mile run on Saturday. There is NO WAY I can go from 3.5 to 10 in 4 days.

Everyone have a great run.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Yeah Locked, :drinker: Boo Slender. :flowerforyou: (Have you tried Icy/Hot? I LOVE that stuff!)

No run for me, home with a sick kid. :indifferent:

Happy running, folks! :heart:
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Wonderful Wednesday everyone! Last night I did a 3 miles on the elliptical in 28 minutes, took a short break, and then ran at 4.0mph for a 1/2 mile. Kinda bummed because I've been bumping up the cardio a bit and still my ticker has not moved....:grumble: I'm only a couple pounds away from being out of the 160's and I'm so ready to be over them, as I've been in them for what seems like forever!!!
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning :flowerforyou:

I ran a 5K bright and early this morning. It was only 63 degrees. Fall is on the way! I love running on fall mornings.

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.

I hope you sick kiddo gets better soon Shannon!:heart:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone...I am finally back, spent the weekend being sick and yesterday resting to make sure all was well. Back in action today though!

4 miles this am and body pump tonight. Trying to increase my speed, I am thinking I would like to enter my first 5k this fall...baby steps! :laugh:

Have a good day everyone :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    G'morning runners! I ran 2 days in a row, so I decided today was a YogaX day. I had a bike crash (more of a fall-over, couldn't unclip at a stop sign fast enough!) on Monday and ended up pulling something in my neck. Surprisingly, NOT a scratch on me or my bike!! :noway:

Keep on running!

Jess
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    G'morning runners! I ran 2 days in a row, so I decided today was a YogaX day. I had a bike crash (more of a fall-over, couldn't unclip at a stop sign fast enough!) on Monday and ended up pulling something in my neck. Surprisingly, NOT a scratch on me or my bike!! :noway:

Keep on running!

Jess

:laugh: :laugh: I have done that too! My husband always manages to make a bigger *kitten* out of himself when we go ride...no shame. I think the funniest ever was he was showing off for me and rode through the landscaping in front of a doctors office and hit a rock and flew off his bike, cars on the street were honking and people yelling "way to go" and other various things. Thankfully he was ok because I was about to pee my pants because it was funny. :laugh:
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I ride a mountain bike and have often crashed or fallen down because I couldn't unclip fast enough. I've even got a scar on my leg from a really nasty one.

You know you're getting old when your friends react with concern instead of laughing at you.
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hey runners:

No run for me today, actually was told to take a month off!!!!:mad: My hip is bad, I am walking totally tilted. Did x stretch today, and found the moves easier than y'day, so there is improvement.

Got my orthotics, and saw my body scan. Wouldn't you know it, my hip is off in them and I was feeling okay at the time. Plus I have shin splints, never even felt them. The aim is to wear them for a year and then get re-evaluated to see if things become more aligned.

Have a great day all

Carol
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Hey runners:

No run for me today, actually was told to take a month off!!!!:mad: My hip is bad, I am walking totally tilted. Did x stretch today, and found the moves easier than y'day, so there is improvement.

Got my orthotics, and saw my body scan. Wouldn't you know it, my hip is off in them and I was feeling okay at the time. Plus I have shin splints, never even felt them. The aim is to wear them for a year and then get re-evaluated to see if things become more aligned.

Have a great day all

Carol

Carol that stinks that you can't run for a month but you need to make sure you're ok before you start up again. No need to injure yourself further and then not be able to do anything. That would really stink.
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hey runners:

Have a great day all

Carol

I agree! However, this is a recurring problem, (2-3 times a year), and I am usually back within a week. I don't like unnecessary pain, so I am careful. Thinking of going to physiotherapy, maybe they can give me exercises to align this old bod.

Carol

Carol that stinks that you can't run for a month but you need to make sure you're ok before you start up again. No need to injure yourself further and then not be able to do anything. That would really stink.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    good evening runners!!!

I did three miles early this morning and then some pushups which are new and HARD for me but it feels great to have my arms ache in a good way!

I love the fall and it was nice and cool this morning at 7 for the run! hopefully I can get up earlier when my son starts school next week to still be able to run in the am....we'll see!

Great job you all!!!

Shannon I hope your dd is feeling better hon!!! :heart: My guy had that stomach fever thing and you know it rocked my world...so HUGS and thinking of you!!!

Carol, I hope things feel better or get better....big hugs!

okay have a great night all I'm off to get home to my little love bug!
    hugs!
    Ali
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Yeah Locked, :drinker: Boo Slender. :flowerforyou: (Have you tried Icy/Hot? I LOVE that stuff!)

No run for me, home with a sick kid. :indifferent:

Happy running, folks! :heart:

Me too :ohwell: But I have a walk scheduled with a friend tomorrow!
    Bunny
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I'm a lifetime non-runner that started interval running 3 weeks ago, give or take.

At first, it was 4 min walk and 1 min of running. Wash rinse repeat.

Each week I've been able to shorten the walk time and increase the run time in my cycle.

Tonight, I was able to walk for 1 min and run for 1 minute for 5 cycles before needing to lengthen my walk time to 1.5min!

I'm getting there!

I AM GOING TO BECOME A RUNNER!!!:bigsmile:

Who'da thunk I'd like running?!?:laugh:

30 min walk at a snail's pace (with a 3 year old wandering daughter)-- warm up
    15 min walk/run
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options

Keep on running!

Jess

:laugh: :laugh: I have done that too! My husband always manages to make a bigger *kitten* out of himself when we go ride...no shame. I think the funniest ever was he was showing off for me and rode through the landscaping in front of a doctors office and hit a rock and flew off his bike, cars on the street were honking and people yelling "way to go" and other various things. Thankfully he was ok because I was about to pee my pants because it was funny. :laugh:

I don't know how you didn't pee your pants. I would have totally lost it. I have a weak bladder, and I would have never made it through that. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    I'm a lifetime non-runner that started interval running 3 weeks ago, give or take.

At first, it was 4 min walk and 1 min of running. Wash rinse repeat.

Each week I've been able to shorten the walk time and increase the run time in my cycle.

Tonight, I was able to walk for 1 min and run for 1 minute for 5 cycles before needing to lengthen my walk time to 1.5min!

I'm getting there!

I AM GOING TO BECOME A RUNNER!!!:bigsmile:

Who'da thunk I'd like running?!?:laugh:

Yeah for you!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Come into the light...join us in the the running circle.
    Good job, keep up the great work, soon you will be passing us all up.

30 min walk at a snail's pace (with a 3 year old wandering daughter)-- warm up
    15 min walk/run
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    I love to read everyones days when I get home. I miss you guys during the day.
    Does anyone read these at night?
    Anyway, Ate pasta tonight for a good run in the morning tomorrow. I can't wait.
    Tell you about it then.
    Night to all!!!

SM
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Strawberry -- I usually post your night time, my morning.. I enjoy seeing the updates too!! Today was cross-training day -- 13 miles on the bike! fun stuff... 40 min run tomorrow!