need opinion on calories burned!

Options
Ive decided to do a circuit workout today. The calculator here says i will burn 676 calories....i don't have a HRM so i really don't know how many calories i will burn! I was wondering if eating 500 of those calories would be a huge deal? As long as i don't do it everyday right?

incase anybody was wondering,im doing Cathe Freidrich's 'cardio and weights' its a 60min circuit!

Thanks!

Replies

• punka274
    Options
    Ive decided to do a circuit workout today. The calculator here says i will burn 676 calories....i don't have a HRM so i really don't know how many calories i will burn! I was wondering if eating 500 of those calories would be a huge deal? As long as i don't do it everyday right?

incase anybody was wondering,im doing Cathe Freidrich's 'cardio and weights' its a 60min circuit!

Thanks!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    You should be eating ALL of your exercise calories or else you'll be in danger of putting your body in starvation mode. As far as whether or not to trust what the calculator says for how many calories you burned, I am not sure. Does the machine (is circuit training on a machine, I don't know) tell you how many calories were burned? Maybe others have a better opinion on which one to trust. I myself cannot afford an HRM right now so I won't even advise that you get one since I totally understand not being able to get one right now.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Oh I just read that it's cardio and weights.....I would say trust what MFP says.....you have no way to tell otherwise and if you don't eat enough it could actually make you gain weight.
  • punka274
    Options
    Thanks alvdz......guess i'll go ahead and eat them all!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hey Amelia! I love Cathe, I'm sure you burned off some good cals. I haven't done C & W in AGES! Love IMAX 2 on the same DVD! ;o)

Jess
  • punka274
    Options
    Hey Amelia! I love Cathe, I'm sure you burned off some good cals. I haven't done C & W in AGES! Love IMAX 2 on the same DVD! ;o)

Jess

Hey Jess....Isn't Cathe the best!!! Imax2 is also a favorite of mine! Actually,picking a workout is hard to do when it comes to her workouts,I love them all:bigsmile: ....i will sometimes do her rotations!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I have found, thanks to have an HRM, that I burn about HALF of what calories show on MFP. So eating 500 of the possibly 700 burned might keep you on the safer side....
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I didnt start to loose weight until I started eating more then the origincal 1200... by the time I added my excercise on there I was sitting at over 2000, while I dont eat them all I do ad the extra calories and when I am being good :blushing: I actually have lost 2-5 pounds in a week.

13327.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hey Jess....Isn't Cathe the best!!! Imax2 is also a favorite of mine! Actually,picking a workout is hard to do when it comes to her workouts,I love them all:bigsmile: ....i will sometimes do her rotations!

I love Cathe! She's what got me into weight training. I started w/ Muscle Max about 2 1/2 yrs ago. Now I mainly do P90X, but I still add in her leg workouts!

Jess
  • punka274
    Options
    For me she introduced the correct form of weight training, and clean eating! Before her i was kinda 'playing around with the weights' i had NO IDEA what i was doing....couldn't afford a gym so i purchased basic step and body fusion with those two sculpting workouts and WOW i was hooked!

I can remember being so relieved to have found her! And speaking of leg workouts....i did B&G's not too long ago, talk about waddling like a duck for a few days after .....
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    LOL- which one? The original mix or the leg blaster premix??? That one is evil! I did Gym Style Legs today- I know I'll be feelin' it tomorrow! :laugh:
  • punka274
    Options
    LOL- which one? The original mix or the leg blaster premix??? That one is evil! I did Gym Style Legs today- I know I'll be feelin' it tomorrow! :laugh:

OMG,GS legs is killer! I HATE those slow motion lunges:noway: I did the original B&G's but didn't do the hammer punches or the floor work on all fours:ohwell: No WAY i would make it through those and still be able to sit on the potty:laugh: :wink:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    OMG,GS legs is killer! I HATE those slow motion lunges:noway: I did the original B&G's but didn't do the hammer punches or the floor work on all fours:ohwell: No WAY i would make it through those and still be able to sit on the potty:laugh: :wink:

I actually love those lunges! :blushing: II am feeling it in my hamstrings/ calves already, which is a good thing! I did the 4DS kickbox this morning, and I was feeling the kicks! LOL

Jess
  • punka274
    Options

I actually love those lunges! :blushing: II am feeling it in my hamstrings/ calves already, which is a good thing! I did the 4DS kickbox this morning, and I was feeling the kicks! LOL

Jess

OMG,your an animal:wink: i will skip those things if im not feeling up to it,LOL! Its either skip them or fall over while doing it:tongue: Can you believe that i haven't purchased the 4DS collection yet:ohwell: :blushing: one day I will ! Did you pre-order the STS collection? I had to skip on that one too....:sad:
  • Mely
    Mely Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Someone here noted last week that you should deducted your BMR calories from your excercise calories. That means, if you burned 600 in one hour, deduct how much you would have burned doing nothing. That person said they burn about 60 calories watching TV so your total would be 540. Makes sense to me.