Crystal Light

Options
So I drink Crystal Light everyday and its the only way I can drink water (I hate plain water) but should I be logging it in my diary Its only 5 calories per serving but if I'm drinking 8 cups of it thats 40 calories?

Replies

• mirandamatte
    mirandamatte Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    yes log it
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    yep =)
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I hate plain water too, and drink Crystal Light and Ocean Spray mixes. I never log them, but if you're finely tracking you may want to. Honestly the up and down to refill the bottle every time probably burns those 40 calories :laugh:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    This is just my opinion, but plain water is really the best thing for flushing toxins. Even flavored water isn't as beneficial. Really the only benefit is simply hydration. If I were you, I'd try to drink more plain water in my day. I know you don't like it. I didn't like it, either, years ago. I guess you could say it's an acquired taste. But it's really the best thing for you.
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    have you tried True Lemon or True Orange? They are naturally sweet and have 0 calories, too. I like the orange the best.
  • talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I have to agree.. i drink a lot of low calorie drinks, just like crystal light we have crystal clear and similar.. but at some point i started drinking water anyway. I really hate it! Even when i was in the sun at some point, almost completely dehydrated i refused to drink water! But now, i just had to do it, so at first i really just went to the kitchen, filled a glass, forced it down my throat and then quickly refilled it with something i liked better. Always one glass of water before i could have something else.

Now, about two weeks later, i just drink the water. It's still not my favourite, but it doesn't bother me anymore, and soda's are suddenly way too sweet, so it helped in both ways!
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    This is just my opinion, but plain water is really the best thing for flushing toxins. Even flavored water isn't as beneficial. Really the only benefit is simply hydration. If I were you, I'd try to drink more plain water in my day. I know you don't like it. I didn't like it, either, years ago. I guess you could say it's an acquired taste. But it's really the best thing for you.

You're so right. Our bodies are designed to drink plain water without chemicals and flavourings. Just try drinking it, the more you drink it the more you'll find that you want it. It's like your body knows what's good for it, and you'll notice a real difference in your skin, hair, bags under your eyes etc. It really is worth it.

Good luck :)
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of plain water either, except when I work out really hard, and then a glass of cold water tastes great! I used to only get my daily water goal in by adding Mio or CL, but now, I've made myself drink every other bottle plain. It didn't take that long to get used to. Good luck!
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Try using 4C from Sam's and Walmart if you can. Everything on the nutritional value is at zero, so it won't hurt you on any scale. It adds flavor to your water and some even have antioxidants in them. I'm not sure if there are new ones out there, but just read the side and make sure that it cancels out to zero.
  • phatkris
    phatkris Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    A calorie is a calorie so I would log it. However I squeeze a real lemon or lime in my water or sometimes both to give me that extra kick i need to lose. This is what i found out when adding lime or lemon to your water. from ehow.com

Lemon or Lime Water for Weight Loss
    X
    Ashley Talley
    Ashley Talley has been a professional writer for more than 10 years, specializing in travel and health. Her work has been published in "Coastal Living" magazine, "Wrightsville Beach Magazine" and "Choice," an anthology praised by "Vanity Fair" and the "LA Times." She graduated from Brown University with honors and holds a Master of Fine Arts degree in creative writing from the University of North Carolina. By Ashley Talley, eHow Contributor
    Adding lemon or lime juice to water is a simple strategy to help drop pounds and cleanse your body of unhealthy toxins. Squeeze some citrus flavor into water for an easy, natural way to lose weight.

Method
    Add 1 oz. of juice to 8 oz. of water. This amount of juice equals about half a lemon or a whole lime.
    Diuretic Properties
    Lemon and lime juices are natural diuretics, so adding them to water helps flush the body of excess fluids. This can help relieve bloating and constipation.
    Digestion
    The citric acid in these fruits can also help the liver to produce more bile, which aids in better food digestion.
    Appetite Reduction
    According to the Mayo Clinic, the traditional advice of drinking 64 oz. of water a day may be an overestimation. But drinking a lot of water can help you feel full, which reduces the amount of food you eat and leads to weight loss.

Read more: Lemon or Lime Water for Weight Loss | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_5525966_lemon-lime-water-weight-loss.html#ixzz1MdGZ55fS