Taking my life back

Options
Hello all. I can't tell you how happy I was to find this site! I gained 30 pounds this past year, and recently found out it was due to hypothyroidism, Since then I have been battling all this extra baggage, from my thyroid problem and my two beautiful boys :)
I'm excited to know I'm not on this journey alone, and hope I can help encourage others.

Replies

• ksharon22
    ksharon22 Posts: 111
    Options
    Welcome!! Lots of great support and encouragement can be found here!
  • jlroeming
    jlroeming Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Are you considering the bariatric surgery, or a weight loss plan by doing it on your own?
  • ambercarley
    ambercarley Posts: 11
    Options
    Doing it all on my own :smile: I'm studying nutrition science, so I do pretty well at eating right, I just need the right motivation to get exercise :tongue:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    So glad you're here and have found MFP!
    You'll enjoy the site, tons of motivation, the people, the tools and it'll change your life forever Amber:drinker:

Welcome:flowerforyou:

ETA: :blushing: left out a letter
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Doing it all on my own :smile: I'm studying nutrition science, so I do pretty well at eating right, I just need the right motivation to get exercise :tongue:
    Awesome to hear:wink::drinker: :drinker:
  • bonjourdollface
    Options
    Welcome!
  • jlroeming
    jlroeming Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good for you- we know it is hard work, but the great feeling of losing weight can't be beat. I have met with a bariatric Dr. and am under his supervision a this time. My insurance requires 6 months of supervision before the surgery could be oked. I am still a bit on the fence if I should do the surgery or not. So I am with you for now- losing on my own. I think is is a super great tool. I love it- glad you found it.
    This is a great place for support. I have already gotten a lot out of reading comments and helpful hints along this process.
    Good Luck to you and would like to be able to help each other out:)
  • ClareB1974
    ClareB1974 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm still new round here, but it's a great place to be! Feel free to add me :-)
  • ambercarley
    ambercarley Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you! The supplements & such scare me, since I never really know what's in them. :ohwell: