Lack of motivation

Options
How can I get it? I am the type of person that says I'll start tomorrow and tomorrow never comes. I have no willpower!

What works for you? How can I get off this rollercoaster and be accountable.

I have two kids and work fulltime and have no me time!

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    This isnt something any of us can do for you. You just have to do it. None of us have any time. All of us feel like giving up or putting off. You are accountable to you. And that's pretty much the end of it. We all learn or build up our own little tricks, but really the bottom line is, you just have to do it.
  • Roe1968
    Roe1968 Posts: 133
    Options
    x♥x♥ Stand up for what you believe in and pledge to never compromise yourself in order to get ahead. You don’t need it! Trust in your gifts and your commitment, Legitimate hard work and talent do win out, even when you see those around you taking the low road and seemingly winning. No matter what that little voice may be saying to you in your moments of doubt--- ur principles always wins! Always be truthful with your self - if your gonna exercise, do it with the deepest of commitment & passion. If your gonna eat right, then just do it!!! Its not rocket science its about looking in the mirror at yourself and bringing the truth to everything you bring to the table daily!!! So when you rest your head at night you can end the day saying..I DID IT & I DID IT TRUTHFULLY !!!!! x♥x♥
  • PaulaButHag
    PaulaButHag Posts: 38
    Options
    Well you have some motivation or you wouldn't be on here. This site really helps keep me going. I log everything that I put in my mouth. After you see the useless calories you take in, you will get it.
    Don't start tomorrow, start today - right now!!!
  • sweetCJ
    sweetCJ Posts: 144
    Options
    I started my journey with changing one thing at a time...food to start. I've decided to add more veggies and fruits and decresse my junck food. after a while, I decided to add a bit of exercise into my day...not the gym, just a 30 minutes walk at lunch. Instead of sitting on my butt for 1 hour, I eat half my lunch, then go outside and walk for 20 to 30 minutes. When I come back to the office, If I'm still hungry, I eat the other half of my lunch. It's hard when you don't have time for you, but beleive me, you have time for you. What about commute from work? I know for me, it's the bus, but it's one hour and I know it's one hour just because of traffic, so some days I take my bike and that one hour too, but one hour of ME time and guess what...I'm exercising at the same time. I also change my dinner meal for my familly...more veggies instead of pasta and carbs. Good luck to you. I know that you can find time in you to do this. You just have to be committed and true to yourself. This is not a joke journey, it's a life journey.