No "S" Diet???

Options
I heard mention of a diet called The No “S” Diet. From what I understand it involves No Snacks, No Sweets and No Seconds except on “S” days (Saturdays, Sundays, and “Special” days). Is there anything to this? It seems like it may be more of an eating/life style change, but can it work? Does anyone know anything about this “diet”? I’m assuming that by “No Snacks” it means no potato chips or other unhealthy snacks but some fruit or veggies would be ok. Any advice/input would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance – I’m struggling to find a healthy way of eating that satisfies both my husband and I.

Replies

• Rklane
    Rklane Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the diet. For me personally, I am somewhat strict during the week, then relax on the weekends. Still make healthy choices but live! We share a fried ice cream every Friday when we go out for Mexican. Somehow I'm still losing weight. It might be that I am sort of zigzagging without purposefully trying.

One thing that has helped us is the Roco Dispirito diet cookbook. All the items are lower calories but still taste great. We haven't had anything yet that we didn't like. My husband and boys will eat all the food and it fits nicely with me watching my calories. I highly recommend it. I hate being a short order cook by making different things for each family member. With this, we haven't had to do that.
  • dfunk06
    dfunk06 Posts: 56
    Options
    Eating many frequent, small meals is the best way to keep your metabolism at its peak. So snacking on the right things is actually very beneficial. So, if I were you I would research it a little further. If it says no snacking becuase you are eating many small meals, then that seems good. But if its no snacking and only three regularly scheduled meals, I would be leary because that would tend to slow your metabolism and do unhealthy things on your blood glucose levels.

Hope that makes sense and helps! :)
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hmmm..... Doesnt sound good to me. Snacks are necessary (eating 3 large meals a day is usually not a good thing), and when you skip them you tend to eat a lot more at meal time because your starving. Lose the sugar- that would be a good thing if you can. I dont agree with the concept even.... what is a "special day"- I mean every day could feel pretty special if I was hungry and wanted to eat more lol.

It sounds alot like the bridge I have for sale...... haha

I would personally take baby steps to a healthier lifestyle in general. Cut out as much processed food as you can, keep your protein and fiber high and watch your sugar. MFP is great for keeping track of all of this while your learning. Eventually it will become second nature for you. Good luck! :o)
  • torsaer
    torsaer Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I really liked the concept of the no 's' diet and when I tried it, it really made me think about all the mindless snacking I'd been doing. Trouble is, I allowed myself too much freedom on the 's' days...!