Kombucha (bottled and homemade)

Options
Does anyone drink G.T's Kombucha?! I love the stuff, I drink like 3 bottles a week, more if it wasn't so darn expensive. What do you think of the claimed benefits?
Does anyone make it on there own? Haha I don't really have an interest in doing so, but I'm curious to know how it tastes, is it completely different?

Happy Drinking!

Replies

• knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I love Kombucha! Synergy blends are my favorite but like you I don't want to spend a fortune on them. I do brew my own and how it tastes depends on how long you've let it brew, what tea you use and if you do a second ferment at all. In the summer we love to do blueberry kombucha. I brew as usual and when it's ready I add pureed blueberries to it. Then I cap it and let it sit at room temp for two more days. Once you chill it, it's amazing! I'm not sure about the health claims other than the digestive ones. I know they have lots of good probiotics in them and do see a difference in that area when I drink it. I was really hoping the claim about hair color returning was true but I still have to visit the beauty supply store so apparently that one wasn't. :sad: :bigsmile:
  • lisabel87
    lisabel87 Posts: 152
    Options
    Thats awesome! Yeah I just wouldn't know how to go about brewing it haha. I'm not sure if its wishful thinking, but I think it semi-surpresses my appetite. And the synergy ones, especially the gingerberry makes me feel so weird haha I like it.
  • knittnponder
    Options
    It's not hard to brew, you just have to baby sit it a little bit (especially in the summer when it's warm and the stuff brews faster.) The ginger berry is a little too strong for me but there is one that tastes like grape that's my all time favorite! Oh how I love that one! lol I had a mango peach in another brand the other day though and that one was really good too! It does suppress my appetite I think. I don't think it's just from filling up with a liquid either because the effects last awhile. Kombucha is a diuretic though so make sure you're drinking water the rest of the day. :)
  • lisabel87
    lisabel87 Posts: 152
    Options
    Oh great, does this mean I'm going to pee more? My bladder is already the size of a peanut :/

7675885.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • knittnponder
    Options
    Lol, maybe!