Pushing My Goal... Again

Options
I was wondering, how did everyone choose an ideal weight? Every time I get closer to my goal I push it back by another 10 lbs. How do know when to stop? I feel like I just keep picking a number.

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    MFP has an ideal weight calculator. There are others online. But they can vary widely.
  • PeaceMe
    PeaceMe Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thats true. I just feel like 98-130 is a huge range.
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I am 4 lbs. from my goal and not sure that it will be quite enough. According to all the charts I'm well with in limits for my height and weight. I am 5'4 and currently 128.6 lbs. I have decided to keep doing what I'm doing, eating healthfully and exercising. I figure my body will stop when it decides enough is enough. I really just wanted to be somewhere in the 120's and to look healthy, not too thin. The number is arbitrary for me at this point, body fat reduction is the focus for me now.
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Pick what makes you comfortable. I chose the last weight I remember feeling fantastic in! Between 125-130. So right now I aim for 130. See how I feel when i get there.
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Weight is such a subjective number, and I think too many people become hung up on it as the only measurement of health and fitness. You can be at a "healthy" weight according to charts and be out of shape and unhappy with your appearance. A better measurement would be a body fat percentage. A size of clothing you'd like to wear. How do you feel when you look in the mirror? Can you complete workouts now that previously you couldn't? Lift more weight, run farther, etc.? Pick a goal. If you achieve it and still aren't happy, then push a little further.