New to the site ♥

Options
I have come to the realization that I need to do something about this weight in order to feel like me. I am so depressed and faced with pain everyday and I know so much of it has to do with the weight I carry. I am excited to begin DAY 1 on my journey to be 154 lbs! Weighing in at 238 lbs. it seems impossible but I need to stay focused. Great site and looking forward to sharing the success and appreciative of the inspiration!!!!

Replies

• mama2reagan
    mama2reagan Posts: 23
    Options
    You can do it! Add me as a friend if you like! This site is great for encouragement and support!
  • ged630
    ged630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will enjoy this site. Add me as a friend if you need support.
  • sunflowermom2
    Options
    Welcome to the site I am also new here add me as a friend.
  • tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    You can so do it,,we are all here for the same reason.....this is a great site to keep you on track....need a support buddy feel free to add me...Good luck to you on your journey,,I wish you all the sucess you are aiming for....
  • Kate3873
    Kate3873 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you so much! This site looks awesome :)
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    You can add me also....I have over 100 pounds to lose and can use all the encouragement I can get....and I also love giving encouragement as well...
  • nancylynn333
    Options
    Good luck! This is a great site. I joined a little over a week ago. It's really easy to stay on track. It is so helpful.
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    You can do it; it's not impossible, not if you put your mind to it.
  • esousis
    esousis Posts: 2
    Options
    Well you have gotten passed the hardest part, making the desicion! One thing you have to keep in mind, it takes time to loos weight in a healthy way and percistance. As long as you dont cheat yourself when filling in your daily journal of what you eat, you will do just fine. I set mine up to lose 2 lbs a week and it helps to input food as soon as you eat it so you know where you are at fo rthe day and what you have left. Adding in some light excersize should help your mood because it producces endorphines that put you in a good mood! I stay on que with my consumption level and rarely go over and sometime i only lose 1 pound in a week, sometimes I lose 3, it veries, so dont get bent out of shape if your not losing what you expect, as long as you keep to it you will maintain a steady decline;. I have lost 20 lbs in 2 months, but I was also burning a lot of calories at times which kept me way under my limit. you can burn a lot of calories just walking at a good pace for an hour and at the end of the week frees up a lot of calorie space for you to reward yourself at the end of the week which i find is helpful to keep going. GOOD LUCK!
  • rsiano92
    rsiano92 Posts: 25
    Options
    Add me if you like :)
  • JMStevens76
    Options
    I am fairly new on here also.....feel free to add me
  • Shauna_V_Taylor
    Options
    im also quite new feel free to ad me if ya like =D x
  • maramom
    maramom Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello~I'm new to this website!! Very excited about it!!
  • unaffected
    unaffected Posts: 154
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new too, feel free to add me for support! :)
  • gocarla
    gocarla Posts: 2
    Options
    I am new to the program. I haven't seen a section which gives menus for the amount of calories they suggest. Where are they located? I have been eating 900-1100 calories, low glycemic for several years and do not loose weight. My endocronoligist says to work out more. I am 73 yrs old, tired of exercise and dieting all my life without seeing a reward.
  • Elise1931
    Elise1931 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Good luck and feel free to add me if you like.
    :flowerforyou:
  • MichelleKit
    MichelleKit Posts: 31
    Options
    You can do it!!!! Add me if you would like!!!