Last Phase of P90X, Cut Calories or Maintain

Options
So, I am in the 2nd week of the 3rd phase of P90X. I am 5'9" approx.: 170lbs. I have been sticking to roughly 2200-2400 calories as recommended by the P90X calculations. As I come to the end of the program I would like to know, do I continue to maintain my calories, or do I cut them down? I don't quite have the 6 pack abs that I am seeking, although I don't think I have far to go (in my mind). I don't want to cut so dramatically that my workouts suffer. Any suggestions?

Replies

• dxing
    dxing Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'd cut to 2000 or 1900 if you really need to lose that last bit of fat. Might want to incorporate more cardio if your following traditional P90X schedule as well. I'd take out Kenpo for Plyo or any Insanity workout
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I think that all depends on what you decide to do AFTER P90X. Will you continue to work out doing something else or take an active recovery week? Either way, I wouldn't go less than 2,000 calories and probably for not much more than a week, unless you decide to become a couch potato, which I can't see that happening!
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing the program recovery week before starting over again from Day 1 Phase 1. Although depending on my results I was thinking of doing the Lean version of P90X for the next round. Ultimately I want the 6 pack. Choices will be determined by whether I get there this round or not.