Herbalife..yes, no?

Options
I was thinking of doing the Herbalife thing again. I tried it once before but didn't do well because of my lack of dedication to sticking to it.
I was wondering if anyone here has tired it and what are your thoughts?

Replies

• aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    YES!!! I am currently using Herbalife products.
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Makes ya have to gooo to the bathroom a lot!:blushing: I used it about 10 years ago though so maybe it's better now? I think eating healthy and exercising is the only true key.
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    i never understand why it so expensive and one my MFP who is on it says it not worth it because the shake was blah.
  • Firelotus
    Firelotus Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Both my husband and I are doing the Herblife Advanced program and love it. Together, we've lost 15 pounds since we started and feel fantastic! I've got lots of information, including a bunch or recipes using the Herbalife Formula 1 and protein powder, so feel free to friend or message me if you're interested. :)
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I've tried Herbalife twice in my life. The first time I tried it, it was successful. Then about 3 yrs later I tried it again and it didn't work. Both times I was STARVING the first week I was on it. I was only using the shakes, I wasn't using the protein powder or the pills. Once I invested more $ into it and bought all the added items, it worked a little, but it still didn't satisfy me. Plus, the flavors were horrible so I'd just chug it as fast as I could. I didn't enjoy it and I didn't feel full. It did, however, work for my husband.

I am now taking a protein shake from Unicity called Lean Complete. Same concept as Herbalife, but I can tell you I get fuller, and I love the taste. The chocolate is delicious (imagine chocolate cake batter), but it's more expensive and comes in a 15 day supply vs the normal 30 day supply. What I do is buy 1 chocolate container and 1 vanilla container and use 1 scoop of each in 8oz of milk. I started with 2% milk now I'm down to 1%, and I'm weaning myself down to skim. That is my breakfast, and dinner, depending on how tough my workout was.

So, all in all, when I compare the two, I'd rather stick with Lean Complete than Herbalife. Me no likey!!

Hope this helps! Good luck!!!

Oh, one more thing...while I was on Herbalife I couldn't believe how expensive it was. Then I searched the internet and found a website that sold the stuff at a discounted price, plus they sent you coupons every month as long as you were a return buyer. If you decide to do Herbalife, message me and I'll give you the site info. When I told my Herbalife distributor about the pricing she asked me for it because she said it was cheaper than the price she paid for the stuff! :tongue:
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I tried Herbalife, it jump started my weight loss. I used the shakes twice a day for 3 months, along with healthy snacks and a healthy dinner, then dropped down to once a day, and now I'm not using them at all. I didn't buy all of the products, but I did find it very effective short term, and I've not only kept the weight off, I've lost more. The only thing I didn't like was the calorie restriction to 1200 calories, because I was always hungry when I exercised, because I wasn't eating back what I burned off.

The shake itself didn't taste all that great, but I found the vanilla one to not be bad at all, especially when I mixed it with strawberries or bananas :)
  • Dreawolf
    Dreawolf Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It has been helping me out. Also since I like chocolate, the dutch chocolate shake is what I usually have. It make things easier for me to follow since I have a busy schedule most days. I have lost about 36 pounds following the Herbalife program.:smile:
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I use the herbal supplements, not the shakes. The shakes are a rip off and they are not filling enough. I use the supplements because I love the natural ingredients and they make me feel wonderful!! I am hooked.
  • Luvmysixpack
    Options
    I have a friend who has lost 40 lbs on it. I dont think the shakes taste to bad. I am thinking of doing two Herbalife shakes a day starting in June to see if it helps.
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Thanks every one!
    I think I may use it as a jump start.
  • jsonnett02
    jsonnett02 Posts: 110
    Options
    my cousin is on it and is a rep. she has lost 40 pounds. she swears by it. she drinks 2 shakes a day and eats 1 meal. she says the shakes taste great. only problem is, when she goes back to eating a normal diet, she is going to gain the weight back, I guarentee it!! She is only consuming 1200 if that in calories. So she is getting bare minimum for cals.
    I wouldn't do it if I were you
  • julieabery
    Options
    Hi can I have the details of that site for cheap herbalife products plz.
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    I started on 2 shakes a week and lost 13lbs, but then just one bad night and I gained 4lbs, so I've decided for me I need more food. I now have one shake a day and 2 meals, still keeping in my 1200 calories a day, but I was missing veg by having 2 shakes a day. I think it's good in terms of protein, so I'm happy to have a shake a day, especially after working out.
  • micheleapplewhaite
    Options
    The long term safety of it is questionable. I was on it, lost weight but gained it on and more when I stopped. My body started to reject the shake so I did some research and after what I came up with, I stopped using the products...

That's my experience,,,

I currently am using Unicity's meal replacement which has 20g of protein per serving almost twice as much as Herbalife... I lost 32 pounds of fat on their wellness programme... It teaches balance and lifestyle changes.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,066 Member
    Options
    You used your first ever post to revive a 2 year old thread and tell us Herbalife is no good - but of course your company's product is the bees knees? :laugh:

Spam fail :tongue:
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    No. Waste of money. Adhere to a moderate calorie deficit (which is easy and free) and you will lose weight just as well. Plus you get the added bonus of learning how to eat properly, rather than paying some company big bucks to force you to lose weight by drinking their crappy shakes. Eat real food instead.