Power 90..thoughts?

Options
I wanted some feedback on people who have used this program. P90x looks a bit advanced, so I was looking into it's little brother, Power 90. Feel it was a success? Is doing this plus a half hour cardio workout at the gym on weekdays (couch to 5k treadmill 3 days a week, elliptical the other 2) too much to aspire to do? Is the nutrition plan that it comes with insane/will it conflict with my current plan here? Is it wise to take on this much on a calorie deficit? Any random advice or tips for beginners? Most of all, do you feel this is worth it to try? I'm doing pretty well on my current regimen, but have some extra energy and am not quite ready for weight training at the gym.

Replies

• Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Power 90 is a really good place to start if you're looking to get introduced to a good mix of weight training and cardio. I am in my final week of the program, and I've seen great success. I feel stronger, have more endurance, better cardio health, etc. I've lost about 25 lbs. in the 85 or so days, and several inches off my waist, hips, chest, thighs, etc. I'm moving on now to the Power 90 Master Series for 90 days, and then I will move up to P90X.

You'll need some dumbbells or resistance bands, in multiple weights to do the Power 90 program. I'd also recommend a yoga mat for the power yoga segments.

It's definitely a challenging program, especially if you're a beginner, but if you stick with it for 90 days you'll have very good results. Nutrition is also very important, but the Power 90 nutrition program is a little.... outdated. I would recommend using your goal caloric intake from MFP, and concentrate on eating nutritious healthy foods most of the time. And eat the bonus calories you earn from exercise. You're going to need that energy for the workouts.