*Grump* I need help to get more protein

Options
2»

Replies

• katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened cocoa powder and a frozen banana!!! I blend mine up in my Magic Bullet and its like a banana chocolate milkshake with no added sugar!! And if Im out of whey protein i just use milk, cocoa powder and a frozen banana,. Not as much protein but still good enough for a post workout snack.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Wow, so many replies so quickly! Thanks all, looks like I will definately have to give whey a go (I eat all those other things, but for some strange reason haven't had them much since starting MFP, so will re-introduce them).

Regarding Whey, I try not to "do" stuff with loads of sweteners and additives, so I wouldn't want the protein shakes. What can I put with whey to make a nice smoothie or shake?

Thanks (and sorry for sounding a bit dim)

You might try this protein powder. It's vegan, no fillers, no artificial flavors and no synthetic ingredients and it's gluten-free and dairy-free. Not the best taste by itself, but I love it in home-made smoothies. It's pretty good blended up just with some almond milk, uncooked oats and a little cinnamon or cocoa powder to flavor. http://www.gardenoflife.com/ProductsforLife/SUPPLEMENTS/FoundationalNutrition/RAWProtein/tabid/1894/Default.aspx
  • naturallykat
    naturallykat Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Just curious, what do you mean by ethically sourced?

I *try* to stick to meat from local farms which are known to be hot on welfare. I wouldn't buy a chicken or eggs which aren't free range, for example.

I'm not 100% on this rule though, e.g. I buy pre-made sandwiches with meat in occasionally. I just prefer to know that if I'm buying the meat myself, I want to know its had a good life and a decent quick death.

Accountaint_boi, no, I'm not sure what constitutes an ethical shrimp either! :bigsmile:
  • lisabel87
    lisabel87 Posts: 152
    Options
    Siggi's yogurt has 14g of protein in it, eat one serving of almonds a day, 2 tbsps of peanut butter, whey protein, an egg, thats roughly about 50 grams right there and you didn't even touch veggies! haha. Check out the gardein "meat" products at whole foods.

Builder Bar's by CLIF have 20g of protein