what to eat for breakfast?

Options
I need help. I like FOOD for breakfast....I mean, sausage, bacon, eggs, cheese - that kind of stuff. I can't do granola bars or pastries or sweets - I like protein and some carbs.
the problem is that I need quick and easy - out the door.
I used to do the frozen sausage and biscuits (little twin pack). That would be perfect. However, they can be high in calories. I don't want to spend tons of money on the "diet" ones either.
Any suggestions on good filling easy to eat breakfast items?

Replies

• dxing
    dxing Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Proatmeal
  • cv4123
    cv4123 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like instant oatmeal not alot of protein but quick and filling.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Dean makes a light turkey sausage, egg and bagel sandwich. It's like 290 calories and is actually really good - they're frozen so all you'd have to do is pop 'em in the microwave. :)
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Thin bagel or english muffin with all natural peanut butter and topped with cinnamon. Oh yeah, gotta have coffee too!
  • sarah829522
    sarah829522 Posts: 139
    Options
    make your own and freeze them. we use the thomas' whole wheat english muffins and turkey sausage (or soy sausage) and reduced fat cheese or egg whites. make them all on sunday and put into little baggies in your freezer. grab and go. 1-2 min in the micro at work.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    4 egg whties, 1 egg, 1/4 cup of 2% cheese, and salsa. On the side 1 piece of toast with low sugar jam. Also, canadian bacon once in a white. Very healthy for you.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Make the sandwiches yourself. The night before, cook an egg and keep it the size that will fit on an english muffin I use wheat). In the morning, toast the english muffin. While it is toasting, microwave the egg for a few seconds until hot. Take your toasted muffin, add a wedge of Laughing Cow light cheese. Slap the egg on the english muffin and you are done. The sandwich has 240 calories. Not bad!
  • blondeamazon
    blondeamazon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Toast and Marmite !!! Yummy..............
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Cook up a bunch of sausages on the weekend and eat them throughout the week...on english muffin with cheese, in an omelette, with oatmeal.
  • msbrig
    msbrig Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How about hard boiled eggs? You could do those in advance. Also, we cook center cut bacon ahead of time (a couple of packages all at one baking), store in the frig then in the morning you just have to heat them up in the microwave.
  • Carek99
    Carek99 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My 7 year old son came up with this for his breakfast and I have adopted it a couple times a week.

Waffle Sandwich

Eggo Whole Grain Waffle (70 calories)
    1 Tbspn Skippy All Natural Peanut Butter (98 calories)
    handful of raisins (75 calories)

Cut the waffle in half, spread the peanut butter on each side, put the raisins in the middle.

I double the peanut butter and when I eat it at 7 am I'm not hungry until lunch time.
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    make your own and freeze them. we use the thomas' whole wheat english muffins and turkey sausage (or soy sausage) and reduced fat cheese or egg whites. make them all on sunday and put into little baggies in your freezer. grab and go. 1-2 min in the micro at work.

PERFECT! That's what I do!!!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I have made a crustless quiche for the last couple of weeks. Put into a pie plate the cooked ingrediants you like: cheese, sausage, onions, mushrooms, etc. Then add four eggs blended with a cup of milk and cook for 30 minutes at 350 degrees and you can add that to your toast or sandwich thin (100 cals) or eat plain, if you're like me and avoiding processed carbs. I did one with sausage and cheese and it was less than 200 cals per serving.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Hard-boil eggs ahead of time so you have enough on hand for 2-3 days. You can also make a big batch of old-fashioned oatmeal (not the packaged stuff that's loaded with sugar), refrigerate, and take just enough with you for the day. Add a little water and nuke it to warm it up. I always add fruit (blueberries or apples), cinammon, and/or a few chopped almonds to mine. Good protein, carbs, and fat all at once.

Also, instead of eggs for the protein, why not eat some skinless chicken or leftover steak for breakfast?
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I've been eating no mayo egg salad on toast. I prepare the egg salad the night before and it's super quick. Here's the recipe if you'd like:

1/4 c cottage cheese
    1/2 tbls milk
    1 tsp mustard
    4 hardboiled egg whites, diced
    1 hardboiled yolk
    2 tbls green onion
    2 tbls celery

1. Whip cottage cheese and milk until smooth
    2. Blend in remaining ingredients except egg whites
    3. Add egg whites

Makes 2 servings

What's great is that, depending on how you make it (change it up to suit your tastes), it's only about 114 calories. You'd need to add in the calories of the bread, too. I also add spinach to my sandwich and toast the bread for some crunch.

I hope it helps. Good luck!
  • DESIREE1210
    DESIREE1210 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I use the lite english muffins, a turkey sausage round small patty, cut in half with an egg and a thin slice of american cheese. it's under 300 calories and very satisfying.
  • marber
    marber Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Make an omelet with what ever you like in it. Make it quite thin and put onto a wrap/tortilla roll up and eat.
  • fitcrew
    fitcrew Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I like any of the following:

-Eggo whole wheat waffles topped with 1 tbs light syrup and tons of fruit

-3-4 egg whites with fresh not canned mushrooms,1 tbs mozzarella cheese,chopped peppers and whole wheat toast

- homemade Fruit smoothie with one piece of toast or a waffle

- Cheerios cereal with a side of fruit

-Great Value Turkey sausage-YUMMY

-
  • fitcrew
    fitcrew Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I like any of the following:

-Eggo whole wheat waffles topped with 1 tbs light syrup and tons of fruit

-3-4 egg whites with fresh not canned mushrooms,1 tbs mozzarella cheese,chopped peppers and whole wheat toast

- homemade Fruit smoothie with one piece of toast or a waffle

- Cheerios cereal with a side of fruit

-Great Value Turkey sausage-YUMMY

-
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    If you are in a rush and can make a quick stop at Mcdonalds the EggMcMuffin is the best thing they have on their breakfast menu. Also Starbucks makes an even healthier version with turkey bacon and egg whites. Your in and out and full.