Tried this for one week and lost one pound!

Options
Just joined about ten days ago to see how it would go. I have to say that this site has been very helpful. It is making me stop and think about what I put in my mouth and take accountibility for my daily activities. I've lost about one pound so far but I feel so much slimmer too! I am definatley sticking with this :)

Replies

• katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    yay!
  • Therapist_mama
    Therapist_mama Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Good Job! Never give up!
  • veriviki
    veriviki Posts: 44
    Options
    Congrats! Keep it up :)
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Being forced to write things down really helps you think about what you are eating. Expecially when you enter something and are shocked at how many calories it has. The other benefit is you have to measure/weigh/estimate the size of food. This really helps me with portion control.

Keep at it!!!! And good luck
  • fabulousfebe
    fabulousfebe Posts: 204
    Options
    great! Keep up the great work! You're on your way down... :flowerforyou:
  • registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Being forced to write things down really helps you think about what you are eating. Expecially when you enter something and are shocked at how many calories it has. The other benefit is you have to measure/weigh/estimate the size of food. This really helps me with portion control.

Keep at it!!!! And good luck

Good job, and the person who i am qouting, you're so right. I never logged my food in this way, I usually used to make a daily eating plan and stick to that. But when you enter what you eat, you can see how the food effects your body.
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    If you haven't already done it; take your measurements. They often go down when the scales don't. Well done with the pound off :)
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Yeah MFP is pretty awesome. Even if you stop using it one day you will have learned how many calories are in the things we used to eat and how easy it can be to gain weight if you eat too much of the wrong things.