Sooo proud of myself.

ChubbyBunny
ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
Alright, so as many of you know I am a home ec teacher....which entails a plethora of classes.
My biggest weakness class....Food Production.
I pick random recipes and my kids cook them, well typically I end up wolfing down at least one plateful.

Today, it was breakfast burritos (My biggest weakness these days has been McDonalds, McSkillet burrito...yummy....these were similar). I used to be able to snarf one down in minutes. Today while my kids were cooking my stomaching started rumbling....and then it tried to take over the world! I had 2 kitchens running so that ment 2 varieties.....

One kitchen brought me a WHOLE burrito....with just eggs, veggies, few potatoes, and a little cheese. Tried a few bites (LOVED their version). Threw the rest away.

Second kitchen saved 2 WHOLE BURRITOS....theirs had sausage, tons of potatoes, tons of cheese, and a fwe veggies (did not love so much). Ate about 1/2 of one (since I was using it for lunch) and then tossed it cause it was just too heavy with all that cheese and spuds. Yuck.

I was so proud of myself for tossing it though. I mean, that would of been 3 good sized burritos! That's a lot of calories in tortillas alone! Altogether I maybe ate about 1 burrito. It also has shown that my tastes are changing, I can't handle the heavy, loaded food I used to eat. Also, I am learning when to stop, instead of eating til I am so full I feel sick.

Small accomplishment I know....but I was rather proud of myself.

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    Alright, so as many of you know I am a home ec teacher....which entails a plethora of classes.
    My biggest weakness class....Food Production.
    I pick random recipes and my kids cook them, well typically I end up wolfing down at least one plateful.

Today, it was breakfast burritos (My biggest weakness these days has been McDonalds, McSkillet burrito...yummy....these were similar). I used to be able to snarf one down in minutes. Today while my kids were cooking my stomaching started rumbling....and then it tried to take over the world! I had 2 kitchens running so that ment 2 varieties.....

One kitchen brought me a WHOLE burrito....with just eggs, veggies, few potatoes, and a little cheese. Tried a few bites (LOVED their version). Threw the rest away.

Second kitchen saved 2 WHOLE BURRITOS....theirs had sausage, tons of potatoes, tons of cheese, and a fwe veggies (did not love so much). Ate about 1/2 of one (since I was using it for lunch) and then tossed it cause it was just too heavy with all that cheese and spuds. Yuck.

I was so proud of myself for tossing it though. I mean, that would of been 3 good sized burritos! That's a lot of calories in tortillas alone! Altogether I maybe ate about 1 burrito. It also has shown that my tastes are changing, I can't handle the heavy, loaded food I used to eat. Also, I am learning when to stop, instead of eating til I am so full I feel sick.

Small accomplishment I know....but I was rather proud of myself.
  • YEAH GIRL!!! Way to be a bunny!

Great job! Pat yourself on the back, several times. :drinker:

Hey, I love your 'Be Safe, Sleep With a Soldier' at the botttom. I sleep with one everynight! :laugh: :heart:
  • ChubbyBunny
    YEAH GIRL!!! Way to be a bunny!

Great job! Pat yourself on the back, several times. :drinker:

Hey, I love your 'Be Safe, Sleep With a Soldier' at the botttom. I sleep with one everynight! :laugh: :heart:

That's why I plan on marrying one....:laugh:

Thanks for the praise as well, I haven't ever gained TONS of weight from my "school snacking" but it certainly isn't helping in lose weight. So, I will be nice and sample but that's all I need.
  • that's wonderful! i'm glad you made a decision that made you feel good, rather than giving in to food temptations. i had a similar experience yesterday. i baked chocolate chip cookies from scratch for a friend to say congratulations on getting a job she wanted. it was soooo tempting for me to eat the dough as i baked them, or to save some cookies to eat myself, but i didn't! small victories like that are so encouraging! i feel like i'm staying in control of what i eat, rather than letting food control me.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    That is SO great!! You SHOULD be proud of yourself. Havin self-control is HUGE.

And it's great to see how your "tastes" and habits change. That is what I have told people. Just start making one small change after another and you will find that you are automatically making better choices because you have slowly changed your lifestyle.

Congrats girl!! :flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    WTG!! That's actually a big accomplishment. It's tough sometimes to throw out that thing that tastes so good that u just want to keep taking one more bite...:laugh: Trust me I struggle with that alot. But have gotten better at it too...:laugh: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    There are no small accomplishments it just another step to a better you. WTG :drinker:
    BTW its water in the cups
  • ChubbyBunny
    Thanks you guys. I appreciate the support.
    I am really wanting to focus this year and make some major accomplishments weight wise and if I want that to happen, I am gonna have to get serious about what I eat, why I eat it, and how much I have to work out to burn it off.... :laugh:
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Thanks you guys. I appreciate the support.
    I am really wanting to focus this year and make some major accomplishments weight wise and if I want that to happen, I am gonna have to get serious about what I eat, why I eat it, and how much I have to work out to burn it off.... :laugh:
    If it makes you feel better I am in the same boat. I have been kinda just going through the motions but I am trying to step it up this week. Good luck. You CAN DO IT!!!!!:wink:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    YAY!!! That's so great. What a wonderful feeling and a step in the right direction. I'm sure that's a lot of temptation so that's a great thing to master!
  • ChubbyBunny
    The crazy thing, I never thought about it before.
    I mean, I felt bad throwing my kids "work" in the trash.
    The reality of it is...no one knows but me and the custodian that I did it (unless they go through my trash....little stalkers!)
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Way to go! This is a BIG accomplishment :D And wow, home ec? That's secretly what I want to do. I've got my elementary education degree and computer endorsement, but secretly... I'm hoping a home ec job pops up at the junior high/high school level here at my school division because I'd love to take it on. Not sure my personal sewing, knitting, crochet and cooking passions will be adequate, but wow would I love it! :D

It seems to be a bit different here in Canada -- even though my degree is for elementary education, when I got my Indiana state teaching license transferred over to an Alberta teaching certification, it's just a generic educator's license and doesn't specify, which I've found means I'm "allowed" to teach whatever grade level... but of course they're going to look at my major/4 years of teaching experience at the elementary level and try to place me based on experience. But that doesn't mean I can't have a secret dream of teaching home ec!

Anyway, the fact that your body has learned what's good and what isn't and that you've been able to limit yourself naturally is WONDERFUL! That must be a great feeling :)

:heart:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Way to go! This is a BIG accomplishment :D And wow, home ec? That's secretly what I want to do. I've got my elementary education degree and computer endorsement, but secretly... I'm hoping a home ec job pops up at the junior high/high school level here at my school division because I'd love to take it on. Not sure my personal sewing, knitting, crochet and cooking passions will be adequate, but wow would I love it! :D

It seems to be a bit different here in Canada -- even though my degree is for elementary education, when I got my Indiana state teaching license transferred over to an Alberta teaching certification, it's just a generic educator's license and doesn't specify, which I've found means I'm "allowed" to teach whatever grade level... but of course they're going to look at my major/4 years of teaching experience at the elementary level and try to place me based on experience. But that doesn't mean I can't have a secret dream of teaching home ec!

:heart:

See, I KNEW I should of moved to Canada! :laugh:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Go bunny go! Each time you don't pig out is a huge deal gurl! :drinker: And being a home ec teacher would give me just waaaaay too much temptation. You should be proud of what you've done hugz! :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!