Veins throbbing?

Options
Have you ever experienced random veins in your arms or legs that throb and hurt? Is this a side effect from over exercising or is this a blood pressure issue?

Help! My right arm has a vein that's throbbing from my elbow to my index finger. The veins are starting to pop / appear more noticable on my arm.

Any suggestions / advice?

Replies

• ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    never heard of this.... I would contact your doctor about it though :/
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    That could be a blood pressure issue maybe...I know when my BP is high my veins stick out...although you're saying that it is only one side? Maybe you pulled a muscle?
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    If it is painful and concerning you go to the ER! Don't wait for us lame brained people on the internet to type a response.
  • melliebee
    melliebee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    When I run hard and then rest right away I can feel my veins pumping blood really hard and throbbing. To avoid this, make sure you cool down after a workout.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    The veins in my forearms will bulge after lifting, but they never hurt.
  • mzbrandyluv
    mzbrandyluv Posts: 103
    Options
    Always check with a doctor when your health is concerned....

but it sounds like the vericose vein on my leg? I have one nasty green buldging vein on my leg that can sometimes HURT for no reason at all. I'm guessing it could happen in a person's arm? (I've had said vein since I was a kid...only hurt with in the last five years...doc looked at mine and said "yup, you have vericose veins..duh) She said if it really hurt I could wear a "tight sleeve" and it should help...

But really, if it persists at all...please get it checked.
  • Dawnersaurus
    Dawnersaurus Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the replies. I think it is the blood rushing too fast in my arms and legs.I'm going to keep a close eye on this and if it doesn't subside I'll go to emergency. Thanks again.
  • AndrewHigh
    Options
    Hi! Dude that's been happening to me now! My right for-arm vein on the top is pulsing so hard I can literally see it through my skin jumping out! Only on my right arm which is freaky.