Water!!?!!...So Not a fan :(

quittingtime71
quittingtime71 Posts: 6
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
OK, I have lots of questions but I will condense it down to a few. I really don't like the flavor of water, and yes, to me it has a bland sort of flavor. What can I add to it besides lemon juice "yuck" to make it easier to drink? Will my body really retain what water I do have if I don't drink more? Uggh. And what's up with the calorie thing. I try to stay between 1000 and 1200 but when I exercise it tells me I can eat more. What gives? Last question, am I doing enough, too much, or what? The things that I have included in a daily workout (since I don't leave the house except for shopping occasionally - bad neighborhood and no good parks close by) are the DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) for an hour if I don't get lost in it :D, 5-10 pulls on the ab wheel twice a day, and a mix of the Strength Training, Yoga, Aerobics, and Training Plus with my Wii fit plus - usually takes a couple hours just to get a 45 min work out. I also have 2 other DVD's for working out, Gold's Gym - Total Body Fitness (with stretch bands) and Your Shape w/Jenny McCarthy (another one for the Wii). I have a balance ball and 2lb free weights.

I really want to do this right but can't afford a gym, and as stated earlier, don't leave the house much. Can anyone help?

Replies

• Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Other than a cup of tea in the morning and one in the evening water is usually all I drink. And I HATED it at first, it was bland and didn't taste good and I didn't want it but after 4 weeks it's growing on me. I'm finding it easier and easier to drink enough as the days go by. I don't like lemon either so that's never been an option. It was a case of just force it down to be honest.

As for the calories, you should be staying at a minimum of 1200 net. And yup, if you exercise you get to eat more. MFP already calculates your calories with a deficit so the idea is to eat at least some of your exercise calories back. I just eat enough to keep me above 1200 net, others eat them all back, some eat none back.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Can you add cucumber slices? It gives it a fresh flavor that's actually pretty good. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you, unless you want to put artificial flavors in it. I don't have this problem though, I loooooove water.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    I don't really drink much water except when I am exercising (I have a 24 oz bottle). I drink peppermint tea and oolong all day.
  • stangma
    stangma Posts: 211 Member
    I'm not a great fan of water as a beverage either. Try the mix in's from Crystal Light - -0- calories but still have taste.
    When I log exercise I use generic things like stationary bike/stretching/light to moderate. Congrats on the sobriety - that is an amazing accomplishment.
This discussion has been closed.