HUDDLE HOUSE NUTRITION GUIDE - HELP?

Options
Well, I have a "de-lemon" -- I had lunch at Huddle House with my sister today. I ordered a "Hearty Grilled Chicken Salad," but asked for a nutrition guide first. The waitress said, "We don't have anything like that here. Sorry." So I figured I'd find it in our foods here on MFP. She brought the salad, and it looked like enough for three people! But I ate half of it and brought the rest home for dinner. I got on the site and didn't find it in the MFP list, so I checked the Web for Huddle House nutrition guide. No luck, so I sent the company a message asking for the calories, carbs, fats, etc. in the salad. I immediately got a message back that said:

"Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we do not have anything that I can send you. Our food division is looking into this and hopes to have something posted on our website in the near future.
Carmen Flores
Administrative Assistant"

For some reason, I thought it was a law that restaurants had to post the nutrition guides in the restaurant somewhere, like McDonald's does it on the back of the paper they put in your food tray.

So, I guess I'll just try to figure out what and how much of everything was in the salad and try to count it myself. UNLESS.... there's someone out there who has a better idea?

Any help would be appreciated. :blushing:
Marti in Kentucky

P.S. I just went back to the food list and picked the Steak&Shake Grill Chicken Salad. It had the most calories, like 600+, so I entered half that since I only ate half of mine. That should work.....

Replies

• mknipp
    mknipp Posts: 106
    Options
    Well, I have a "de-lemon" -- I had lunch at Huddle House with my sister today. I ordered a "Hearty Grilled Chicken Salad," but asked for a nutrition guide first. The waitress said, "We don't have anything like that here. Sorry." So I figured I'd find it in our foods here on MFP. She brought the salad, and it looked like enough for three people! But I ate half of it and brought the rest home for dinner. I got on the site and didn't find it in the MFP list, so I checked the Web for Huddle House nutrition guide. No luck, so I sent the company a message asking for the calories, carbs, fats, etc. in the salad. I immediately got a message back that said:

"Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we do not have anything that I can send you. Our food division is looking into this and hopes to have something posted on our website in the near future.
    Carmen Flores
    Administrative Assistant"

For some reason, I thought it was a law that restaurants had to post the nutrition guides in the restaurant somewhere, like McDonald's does it on the back of the paper they put in your food tray.

So, I guess I'll just try to figure out what and how much of everything was in the salad and try to count it myself. UNLESS.... there's someone out there who has a better idea?

Any help would be appreciated. :blushing:
    Marti in Kentucky

P.S. I just went back to the food list and picked the Steak&Shake Grill Chicken Salad. It had the most calories, like 600+, so I entered half that since I only ate half of mine. That should work.....
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Fast food restaurants must have nutritional information available. Maybe Huddle House isn't classified in a way that makes nutritional info compulsory? Hmmm, wonder which agency you can write to report/complain about this.....?
  • CristaAmy
    Options
    I believe that disclosing nutritional information is only required in some states and that it is voluntary in all others. But ... in the words of one of my friends ... "I could be wrong".
  • tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options
    New York and a few other states have made it a requirement to post the nutrition information.
    I have the same problem in my area with Fosters Grille- no nutrition information whatsoever. It is so frustrating.:grumble:
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    I always add everything up separately.
  • mknipp
    mknipp Posts: 106
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies. I guess adding it all up yourself is the answer. We could just tell those eateries that don't have it posted that we'll have to take our appetites where they do post it? Might work if they get a lot of complaints. :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :laugh:

Guess I'll survive either way. BTW, my sister got interested in MFP when I talked to her about it and she joined, too. Haven't seen any messages from her on the boards but she sent me an email.

Best of Success to all of you. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Marti in KY
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    ...P.S. I just went back to the food list and picked the Steak&Shake Grill Chicken Salad. It had the most calories, like 600+, so I entered half that since I only ate half of mine. That should work.....

I'm thinkin' yeah, that should work too. I've done that a couple of times - find something comparable to what I've eaten in the database and just used that.