snacking

kevinswife05
kevinswife05 Posts: 4
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I have just began this journey in the working out and dieting world and I am excited to start getting some energy back. However, I have always been a snacker since I can remember and I wanted to see if anyone knew what a good guilt free snack was. I grew up on Apples and oranges and those get old. I want something with more of a taste. Is there any recommendations from anyone! Thank you so much and good fitness to all!!!
Lauren :bigsmile:

Replies

• I have just began this journey in the working out and dieting world and I am excited to start getting some energy back. However, I have always been a snacker since I can remember and I wanted to see if anyone knew what a good guilt free snack was. I grew up on Apples and oranges and those get old. I want something with more of a taste. Is there any recommendations from anyone! Thank you so much and good fitness to all!!!
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    I snack on Light String Cheese Sticks, 100 Calorie packs of crackers/cookies, Sugar Free Jello Pudding, Yogurt, grapes, berries, nuts

I do keep my 100 calorie snacks to just one pack a day.
  • I have just began this journey in the working out and dieting world and I am excited to start getting some energy back. However, I have always been a snacker since I can remember and I wanted to see if anyone knew what a good guilt free snack was. I grew up on Apples and oranges and those get old. I want something with more of a taste. Is there any recommendations from anyone! Thank you so much and good fitness to all!!!
    a lot of it is moderation, nuts are good but also high in calories, most fruit or veggies, also drink lots of water, i've been slackin on my water today and i've been hungry as can be. good luck :smile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    yogurt, cheese and crackers, celery with peanut butter, popcorn, any yummy fruit variety(!)
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    I like the crunch....my favorite of the moment is one Wasa light rye cracker (30 cal, 0 fat 1.5 fiber) and Athenos hummus (50 cal per 2 tbsp) , total 80 cal!:happy:

I also like the LaughingCow Babybel cheeses...I think they're about 70 cal per, yummy melted on a Wasa cracker.

I switched my meal plan to 3 meals and 3 snacks and find that fits my life style better...those aren't SNACKS..they're mini meals.:flowerforyou:

Mean's I'm rarely hungry and think my stomach has shrunk as well. 2 cups of pasta salad makes me feel well satisfied. I also had a 3lb loss this last week.....:bigsmile: so that may have had something to do with it.

Ezzie
  • Yoplait light's yogurt...they have yummy flavors...apple turnover...banana cream pie...etc...yum! Or their yogurt whips...those are good too...and the thick and creamy kind! mmm any yogurt by Yoplait is good actually. :laugh:
  • Since you live in TX, have you tried freezing some of your treats? Frozen grapes are great, as well as frozen yogurt...poke a stick through the top and freeze, and then run warm water over it a few secs to get the container off. It puts a different spin on the foods you normally eat. You could also make individual snack bags with cereal, dried fruit and nuts. If you make a big batch, you can calculate the calories and know how much your eating in each bag. Good luck!
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    I like to have a Fiber 1 bar for a snack. It is tasty, no-too-small, and a bit sweet. All that I require in a good snack. I have also snacked on nuts, but choose not too as I like them too much and they can be high in calories. Veggies (celery, carrots, ect..) are great snacks, because they are filling and low in calories.
  • rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    I have those south beach bars that are 100 cal...they are good if you are graving a candy bar,Also i have the 100 cal snacks....I limit my self to one a day .The rest is nuts, fruit,and veggis,cheese.
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Goldfish rock. Especially when you've got a toddler in the house.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    I have just began this journey in the working out and dieting world and I am excited to start getting some energy back. However, I have always been a snacker since I can remember and I wanted to see if anyone knew what a good guilt free snack was. I grew up on Apples and oranges and those get old. I want something with more of a taste. Is there any recommendations from anyone! Thank you so much and good fitness to all!!!

Oooh I snack all day...so I have lots of ideas!

Baby carrots with light ranch veggie dip
    low fat string cheese
    Laughing Cow anything (the Babybels are good, the little cheese bites are poppable at 35 calories for 5, and the garlic herb Laughing Cow cheese wedges are great on some low fat crackers)
    Cottage cheese
    Low fat yogurt
    Super Shots (found near the yogurt...a little creamy fruit juice in a super cute bottle with tons of potassium and only 50 calories)
    Fiber Bars
    any kind of fruit (I try a new fruit from the produce section at least once a week)
    animal crackers (there are mini ones that you can have 62 of for 120 calories)
    Quakes rice cakes
    granola
    Jello sugar free or fat free puddings
    Smoothies (take plain yogurt, ice, strawberries, and bananas and blend...yum!)
    Oatmeal
    English muffins with low sugar jam or jelly

There are a bunch of others, but those are the only ones I can think of right now...but with portion control you can have just about anything...and you'll get to a point where you actually crave healthier options...
This discussion has been closed.