protein bars - good or evil?

bostongirl987
bostongirl987 Posts: 104 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
do they make you lose or gain weight? a lot of them have high fat content but they seem good if they have no sugar and low carbs

Replies

• bostongirl987
    bostongirl987 Posts: 104 Member
    do they make you lose or gain weight? a lot of them have high fat content but they seem good if they have no sugar and low carbs
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    there is no one food that MAKES you fat. It's more about the quantity you are eating. Protein bars are good if you cannot get enough protein into your diet otherwise, but I wouldn't recommend them otherwise. And like I said in another of your posts, a low-carb lifestyle may not be the best way to go.
  • Which bar has the most protein and the least amount of carbs? I have tried to find some and most have over 30 grams of carbs.
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Which bar has the most protein and the least amount of carbs? I have tried to find some and most have over 30 grams of carbs.

Pure Protein are good bars, not much sugar. I sometimes eat only 1/2 bar as a snack, almost like having a candy bar!
  • Thanks for your help carvan.
  • Luna bars are my protein bars of choice. They are around 180 calories, low fat, high protein, and moderate carbs. They are a delicious alternative to candy bars, and help me curb my sugar cravings. I often eat them for a snack to hold me over to lunch, or between lunch and dinner (for work out energy). Lots of flavors to choose from, and very yummy! They are around $2 a peice, but sometimes I can find them on sale for half that (Trader Joes) and I'll buy a whole case!
This discussion has been closed.