Have you had success on the Dukan Diet?

Options
I have just ordered The Dukan Diet book and accompanying receipe book online as I am considering doing this plan. I have done a little reading up on how the diet works and am interested to know how others have found this diet. Did you lose the weight? How did you feel on it, were your energy levels high? Is is easy to incorporate into everyday living or does it require quite a bit of prep work? Any insights would be appreciated thanks.

Replies

• piscean2764
    piscean2764 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have! I am still on it. You must do the minimum exercise of 20 min walking or 30 mins after you have passed the starting stage.
    Good luck!
    IT WORKS!
  • piscean2764
    piscean2764 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    if you want to send an invitation, I will accept it.
  • drago69
    drago69 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 46 year old female with metabolic syndrome. I started this W.O.E on 3/26/11 and as of today I have lost 33lbs. I am not going to lie to you and say it is easy because it is not. There is no room for cheating here and you must follow the 1st two phases to the tee. You will also need to incorporate 20 mins of cardio. Walking works well for me. I am 20-25lbs away from my goal weight. I feel great and alll of my bloodwork numbers have dropped. I'm hoping I can also get off of some of my meds now. If you are seriously ready to lose weight I highly recommend this lifestyle. Don't call it a diet becuase it will be your mind set for the rest of your life. Instead of the DUKAN DIET I Call it The U-CAN plan and I am!!! I suggest reading the book and learning the science behind the diet because it will help you understand what your body will be going through. The OATBRAN is a Must on this Plan. GOOD LUCK on what ever you decide to do! Oh BTW what helped me tooo was not telling anyone but my doctor what i am doing...too many skeptics can ruin your frame of mind.
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I was looking at this in the store last night, but isn't it really just common sense eating? Lean meats, veggies, etc.. ? What makes it different?
  • apmemo
    apmemo Posts: 43
    Options
    I've been on it for almost 2 weeks now and have lost over 5 pounds! I'm a vegetarian so I have never tried low carb anything, but I decided to give this one a try. I only need to lose 10 pounds and it's so exciting being half way there. It starts out just lean protein, then you add each food group in on a certain schedule depending on how much you need to lose. You have to commit yourself to stick to it 100%, including the limitations, oat bran, and the workout. It has worked when half marathon training, P90X, spin class, and calorie counting have failed me. However, I still track my food and find it hard to exceed 1000 calories when MFP recommeds 1400 for me. Hope you like it!