New burst of motivation

Options
raychar1
raychar1 Posts: 3 Member
Hello to all of you out there who battling with weight like I am and have all of my adult life. I went to see my doctor recently who informed me (as if I didn't already know) that I had gained 50 pounds over the past 5 years. To be honest I lost the 50 pounds after my first wife died about 10 years ago over a period of about 6 months and I of course was not able to keep the weight off. With the encouragement of my doctor at the VA where I work, some physical therapy for my knees, and my loving wife's help, I seem to have a new motivation to develop some lifestyle changes regarding healthy eating and being more active and hopefully will lose a little weight on the way. As an RN in a relatively new position, I have the honor of helping people live more healthy lives in a preventive health role, I have come to the point in my life that I must practice what I preach, so to speak. I am new to this community and forum and look forward to making the journey with all of you.

Replies

• freshmenthesis
    freshmenthesis Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    "...in a preventive health role, I have come to the point in my life that I must practice what I preach, so to speak"

I am studying to be a dietitian and feel exactly the same way. I want to better myself in order to be a good example for those I will someday be counseling.

This is a great site and it helps exponentially. Welcome and Cheers!
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    Welcome! This site provides great tools and the people are tremendous. You'll love the motivation and support you get!

Here's to a healthier you!
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Come join my weight loss challenge I just started - "Battle of the Bulge Summer Slimdown" :bigsmile:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/239075-battle-of-the-bulge-summer-weight-loss-challenge-whose

we're up to over 80 people and we're doing fun stuff, challenges, songs, and tips daily to get everyone repumped and ready to reach their goals!

look through the posts for one that has a picture of a lady/guy holding up a rules sign for a quick snapshot of the rules (i think page 6) and join us!!!

I took off 25 lbs my first year (last year) on here and gained back over the holidays and been trying to get motivated again so I started a super weight loss group to keep me motivated - we'll do it for 15 weeks and every 5 weeks see our progress over the month...COMMMEEE ONNNN!!!! The more the merrier!:wink: