"Watching What You Eat?" BS

Options
hankhanna
hankhanna Posts: 72 Member
I just posted on my blog my thought on the phrase "watching what you eat."

Check it out!
http://www.businessoflosingweight.com/losingweight/watching-what-you-eat/

Do you guys actually count calories or are you just "watching what you eat"?

Replies

• maggie4097
    maggie4097 Posts: 156
    Options
    I count every calorie pretty much. "Watching what I eat" is like saying "Watch it go on my hips". I underestimate what I eat if I am not very careful and measure everything. Obviously, over time, some of that becomes second nature. But, it's still good to give yourself a reality check every so often!
  • christinathompson1
    christinathompson1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i count every calorie and try not to go over 1200 calories a day.
  • mbowman323
    mbowman323 Posts: 216
    Options
    I watch what I eat by knowing how many calories I am putting in my body. I know now what a portion size and when I doubt I use my food scale
  • Smurfette64
    Smurfette64 Posts: 64
    Options
    I count calories, trying not to go over 1200, and I DO NOT eat back my exercise calories as I find this is a sure fire way for me to gain weight every single time - although I do "watch what I eat" too - trying to pick the option which contains less fat etc
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • saltorian
    saltorian Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I think most of us count calories here, since that's the kind of model that MFP uses. I think "watching" what we eat isn't really enough. It's about making informed choices.
  • elkano
    elkano Posts: 14
    Options
    I definitely count my calories. It's very informative and helps me control the portions of what I eat throughout the day.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I began by watching what I ate. I wasnt so much concious of the calories - but I knew fruits - veggies and such were far better. I cut out pop and juice and most beverages other than water. I lost 40lbs. I came to a standstill and gained about 10lbs back.

Since joining MFP not quite two months ago - I now count calories. I have lost 19lbs in 50 days.

More or less - portion control makes a BIG difference. I knew eating certain things werent good for me. But eating a LOT of the things that are good for you isnt good either.
    Portion control is everything.
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    I just posted on my blog my thought on the phrase "watching what you eat."

Check it out!
    http://www.businessoflosingweight.com/losingweight/watching-what-you-eat/

Do you guys actually count calories or are you just "watching what you eat"?
    Wow - way nice "blog"!
  • hankhanna
    hankhanna Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Wow - way nice "blog"!

Thanks! (one of my businesses was web design...) :)