I would call this an NSV, would you???

Options
cat3nv
cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
Today the local news came out and did a story on "vampire electronics" Which means these electronics use energy while just plugged in, on stand by, or turned on and not being used. They brought out a gadget that tells you how much energy each thing uses while plugged in. It gives a reading for a weeks, month, or years electric usage. They tested my coffee maker, lap top, power strip, my daughter's stereo, and the x box. These 5 things cost over $100 to run a year. The power strip alone is 40 while turned on and not being used.

I WAS ON TV TODAY!!!!!!

Not one time during the interview did I worry about my weight. I worried my house may look dirty on TV. I worried about my hair and makeup. I did not ask the camera man if I looked fat, or to shoot from a certain side so I would look better. I had fun and was just me.

I did not even realize it was a big deal for me until just now. I am proud of me =]]

Replies

• miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of you too! Today and every other day!

Edit:
    BTW, definitely an NSV!
  • lesliefoste
    lesliefoste Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of you, too! :) It's so great when you start to feel good in your own skin.
  • cat3nv
    Options

Just every other day?
  • LilChickPea
    LilChickPea Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    That is so wonderful! Keep up the good work!
  • miovlb6
    Options

Just every other day?

LOL...yeah, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday only! :laugh:
  • cat3nv
    Options
    Weekends too??
  • mytime60
    mytime60 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I would definetly call that a NSV! Congrats! Did they tell you how to turn off the "vampire electronics"?
  • cat3nv
    Options
    I would definetly call that a NSV! Congrats! Did they tell you how to turn off the "vampire electronics"?

just to unplug them when they are not being used.
  • miovlb6
    Options
    Weekends too??

OK, weekends too!
  • cat3nv
    Options
    :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    definitely an NSV and I'm proud of you EVERY day! LOL!
  • cat3nv
    Options
    Thanks!!! I am waiting for the 10 o'clock news to come on in 20 min. I am afraid I sound like a bumbling fool. I was so nervous.
  • ash12783
    ash12783 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    that's awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!