Just joined this week

topsgirl
topsgirl Posts: 3
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone. I was told about this by a friend. I could not figure out why I was not losing weight, even though I was eating sensibly. After filling out my food dairy I was amazed how the calories were adding up without me even realizing it. I have made changes to my diet already, and hope to see some changes soon. I am over 57 so the struggle with weight is an ongoing battle. Anyway glad to be here, and hope to learn lots of new tips. One thing I was shocked about was the amount of calories in a Tim Hortons coffee. OH WELL WHAT"S A GIRL TO DO. lol

Replies

• Hi everyone. I was told about this by a friend. I could not figure out why I was not losing weight, even though I was eating sensibly. After filling out my food dairy I was amazed how the calories were adding up without me even realizing it. I have made changes to my diet already, and hope to see some changes soon. I am over 57 so the struggle with weight is an ongoing battle. Anyway glad to be here, and hope to learn lots of new tips. One thing I was shocked about was the amount of calories in a Tim Hortons coffee. OH WELL WHAT"S A GIRL TO DO. lol
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Welcome to MFP! :flowerforyou: You'll love it here
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Welcome. When I first started, I also thought I was eating pretty healthy, but after I filled out my food diary for about a week, I saw where I needed to change things. Now I always enter my food in the morning, so if I want to have something different, I will know if there is room to add it later. Good luck.
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Welcome from me too.

Watch everything you do and if you continue to eat healthy but see no changes then go see your doctor. I say this because my wife did the same thing for three years and was getting very upset after working out 5 days a week, eating healthy, etc. nothing -- I mean nothing not up and not down. She went to see her doctor and had a good physical and it was discovered that genetically she's prone to high cholesterol and when the doctor put her on a statin she lost 25 lbs in three months and didn't change anything else in her life except the pill.

Good luck and keep posting!
This discussion has been closed.