Hi there!

Options
Hi everyone!

Even though I originally thought I would be using this site strictly for the food diary, I've checked out a number of the forum topics and posts and have been so impressed by the amount of knowledge that so many of you have, plus the support you offer one another. So, here I am, saying hi, and hoping to make some new friends so I can have some company in my journey to better health.

My name is Becky, and I am a single mom to a 15 year old son. I live in Michigan in the Metro Detroit area. I have been yo-yo dieting for years, never quite getting down to my goal weight, but always gaining everything back and then some! Towards the end of last year, I was making some progress, going to Curves and making better food choices, but I suffered a major setback when I ended up with a herniated disk in my neck that required surgery. I spent my recuperation period on the couch, stuffing my face. So, it's back to square one! Curves is out, due to the limitations following my surgery, so I recently joined a new gym and started working with a trainer and spending a lot of time on the elliptical. So far, so good, but I still have a loooooong way to go! I would love to meet some people in similar situations so we can compare notes and maybe build up a support system.

Thanks for reading and have a super night!!!

Replies

• maggie4097
    maggie4097 Posts: 156
    Options
    Hello--I sent you a friend request :-) I also started this strictly for the diary, but have found a real wealth of info as well! I am just starting to add friends, because I feel I've been missing out a little on that. lol This is an awesome site for support and encouragement. Good luck!
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    welcome on Becky!
    I'm so happy to see you are going to join in - the site makes a HUGE difference - I'm so much better on my diary thanks to the friends and support group that I've built here on the site!!!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you so desire!

Welcome (again) and I wish you only the best of luck!
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I started here with the same intentions, just log my food, and occassionally get some information from the message boards. But adding friends that really get it, and have the same goal, makes such a huge difference! Just a way to go when you complete your food diary, keeps you on track and happy with your choices. Feel free to add me!! And best of luck to you! :)