Dont Know Whats Happening....

Options
When I first started this I was so motivated. And I saw results, now the weight is dropping off slower than ever and I am losing my determination. I just feel like I am about to take a step backwards and I cant do that to myself. I have come so far. I guess I just need, well, motivation and support. All I know is I am starting to feel down and that doesnt make me want to get out there and run, it makes me want pie lol.:sad:

Replies

• princessjenn1804
    princessjenn1804 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    When I first started this I was so motivated. And I saw results, now the weight is dropping off slower than ever and I am losing my determination. I just feel like I am about to take a step backwards and I cant do that to myself. I have come so far. I guess I just need, well, motivation and support. All I know is I am starting to feel down and that doesnt make me want to get out there and run, it makes me want pie lol.:sad:
  • hnlymark
    Options

Step away from the pie! Or, actually, one piece ain't such a bad thing! Look at it this way...the scale means nothing. Eating and living healthy is about much more than that scale. Feel good about being healthy, not what the scale says. Take pride in what you are doing, in your strength and willpower.
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    One of the biggest success you can have in changing your eating habits is to have a positive attitude even during the down times. We all go through phases like this and believe me it's a real mind game we play with ourselves often falling victim to our own lack of will power.

You're going to need to surround yourself with as many friends who can and will support you through these times and that includes those of us on MFP right now.

Hopefully it will only be a one day struggle but if it turns into more than that go out and buy all the healthy foods you can get your hands on that crunch (apples, carrots, dark chocolate (seriously), etc)

Good luck and keep your chin up!!! :flowerforyou:
  • princessjenn1804
    princessjenn1804 Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Step away from the pie! Or, actually, one piece ain't such a bad thing! Look at it this way...the scale means nothing. Eating and living healthy is about much more than that scale. Feel good about being healthy, not what the scale says. Take pride in what you are doing, in your strength and willpower.

Thanks. It just gets frustrating lol. And pie is soooooo good!
  • sarakenna1
    Options
    Stck with it, sister! You will be so mad at yourself if you quit now! I've been on MFP sebatical for two months; I just started tracking my cals again yesturday. I was down 8 lbs, and now, after just 2 months, I'm back up 8 lbs. Lame! Laaaaame!!!!!!!! Don't be like me! :noway: Muscle through the difficult times, and you will be stronger in the long run.
  • carak2000
    Options
    Another big motivator -

working out is a MUCH better tension/stress reliever than food. Not only is getting your heart rate up release endorphins and put you in a better mood, but you don't feel bad after it as opposed to when you pig out.

Good luck and keep trucking!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Another big motivator -

working out is a MUCH better tension/stress reliever than food. Not only is getting your heart rate up release endorphins and put you in a better mood, but you don't feel bad after it as opposed to when you pig out.

Good luck and keep trucking!

So very true!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

Here is a great post from our man Banks that discusses the "stages" of weight loss. I re-read it. a lot.