What Lengths Will You Go To?

Options
I was really struggling with how to find a form of exercise that works for me. I decided to post an ad on a local online classified looking for access to a pool in exchange for the cleaning of it. CBC Radio actually stumbled across the ad and interviewed me and now I am getting an overwhelming response to my request. You can listen to the interview here:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2011/05/17/ottawa-obese-swimming-pool.html

What I want to know is what are your own stories of overcoming exercise challenges? What lengths have you gone to in order to make exercise a priority.

Lets share them all and get inspired!
Les

Replies

• evseqvar
    evseqvar Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wow that is comitment for real! Good for you!! I just a babysitter!!! LOL
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    try working for a gym even just cleaning at night most give you a free membership
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I'm a Senior in high school and I have been loaded with projects and homework assignments... :( I also work part-time!

I'm a straight-A student (and almost considered ditching) LOL... and one day I knew I had to work-out... no matter what... but I had work almost right after school haha... so I booked it after school and ran to my car (yes ran... I probably looked so dumb) and hurried off home and ran to my room and changed into my swim suit and swam 50 laps and ran to my room again and changed and hurried off to work... I ended up being late by a few minutes but I was proud of myself being able to do so much...

I passed out that night so fast though!

Everyday I have to find time :P, it's just all up to how willing a person is to get fit!
  • sculptcha
    sculptcha Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Ok, this may sound like I'm trolling, but the biggest thing I had to give up was smoking pot (and it wasn't easy; cigarettes were harder for me). It made me super lazy and gave me the ridiculous munchies, both very non-conducive to health and fitness plans.

I've also started walking places I need to go if they're less than two or three miles away.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Shame you aren't here in Winnipeg.

You could use my pool in exchange for cleaning it! Would that count as two types of exercise? I believe it would.