Ways to incorporate greens anybody?

Options
rockridge5203
rockridge5203 Posts: 12 Member
Dr. Joel Fuhrman in Eat to Live talks alot about incorporating more greens into our diet. Lately I've added frozen spinach into soups and blender drinks. Anyone have recipes they want to share and whether they are familiar with Dr. Fuhrmans books and program?

Replies

• sweetmanjd
    sweetmanjd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    bumping this as I'm interested too. Thanks.
  • smcolton
    smcolton Posts: 78
    Options
    We had chili for dinner. I added 3/4 cup of brocolli to the chili. It was good!
  • cupfanncbms
    cupfanncbms Posts: 101
    Options
    I put raw baby spinach into my fruit smoothies.

1/2 c. blueberries
    1/2 c. strawberries
    3 oz. carrots
    1/2 c. orange juice
    2 c. raw spinach
    -water for blending

I also put raw spinach onto my roll up sandwiches. Very low cal sandwiches with a little meat, a low carb tortilla (Xtreme Wellness), and at least 1 c. of spinach.

I serve various dinners over top of romaine or spring mix lettuces (couscous salads, quinoa salads).

I don't know a thing about that Dr or the book/program...
  • smuggy
    smuggy Posts: 3
    Options
    Green tea is a easy way to add a bit. I also dehydrate my garden greens, grind them up in a coffee grinder. And add them to salads, soups, chili, salads and just make a drink out of them.
  • TheCeleste
    TheCeleste Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Try kale, it's quite good. If you've never tried it, your first bite you really won't know what to think. Then your second you think, wow, hmmm. By the third bite you are sold, because it has a very unique and savory flavor, but it also soaks up the flavor of whatever you are cooking. Like spinach, it doesn't take long to cook. It is so packed full of minerals and other good things, too.

Here are some ways to try kale:
    http://www.tastespotting.com/search/kale
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Bump!