365 calories left - negative 33 carbs.

Options
Now what? I ran 2.2 miles this evening, and I'm slow so it took me about 30 minutes. I didn't eat all of my calories to begin with (I recently was prompted to change my goals and whatnot, and I did that, so I have some more calories to work with than I'm used to) - but I didn't expect my homemade wheat bread to be quite so.... carbohydatic(?)

So do I not eat anymore today?

I'm not real hungry...

SIGH.

Replies

• bellmom627
    Options
    Now what? I ran 2.2 miles this evening, and I'm slow so it took me about 30 minutes. I didn't eat all of my calories to begin with (I recently was prompted to change my goals and whatnot, and I did that, so I have some more calories to work with than I'm used to) - but I didn't expect my homemade wheat bread to be quite so.... carbohydatic(?)

So do I not eat anymore today?

I'm not real hungry...

SIGH.
  • Kaybay37
    Options
    Um, yeah. I have similar questions. Is it enough to count the calories in order to lose???:huh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    organic peanut butter...it has no sugar, very low sodium. this is what i do with left over cals.

I have started logging my exercise in the morning, then updating it after i actually do it.

this has helped me in 2 ways

1. I am obligated to do my exercise

2. i can eat my calories throughout the day

this has really helped me this week. I went from maybe 3x wk exercise to 4-5x YEH!
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Carbs are good for you and good for me. :) Eat the complex kind.
  • Hi I am new to this site, but I like it...now to your post I was wondering the same thing

A person is limited to a certain number of calories say 1210 for the day, you record what you eat, it subtracts it from that total, but the minute you excercise and burn say 300 or more calories, it will up your total of calories that you need to eat. On a real good day I wont consume all the calories I'll come close, but everytime I do an excercise and record it..more calories to eat...I know how many calories I burn because I bought a heart rate monitor by Polar(R) But on what I said above how are you suppose to lose weight?

If anyone sees this post please HELP!!

Thanks
  • Hi I am new to this site, but I like it...now to your post I was wondering the same thing

A person is limited to a certain number of calories say 1210 for the day, you record what you eat, it subtracts it from that total, but the minute you excercise and burn say 300 or more calories, it will up your total of calories that you need to eat. On a real good day I wont consume all the calories I'll come close, but everytime I do an excercise and record it..more calories to eat...I know how many calories I burn because I bought a heart rate monitor by Polar(R) But on what I said above how are you suppose to lose weight?

Thanks
    90063.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to this site, but I like it...now to your post I was wondering the same thing

Thanks

Hi and welcome. You are supposed to eat your exercise calories. I am going to BUMP a page with lots of info for you. Have a great day! :smooched:
  • sclosson
    Options
    I'm no expert with this to say the least, but I think I understand it. When you put in your stats to start with the site calculated the calories you could eat and lose weight. So, if you never exercised, you would lose weight. But that is not physically good, you want to exercise and build muscle and reshape, etc. But, if you exercise you are burning calories, so the site re-calculates the amount of calories you can eat and still lose weight. Does that make sense? Also, if one of you guys who is seriously knowledgable about this sees that I am wrong. Please enlighten me.