STS is driving me mad!!!

amyllu
amyllu Posts: 432 Member
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
:mad: Not a good way to start the day but had several weeks now without losing and have gone off the rails!
So want to get more weight off but really fighting the urge to keep binging.
Just wish I could get that mojo working again but been battling a lot of pain lately so that hasn't helped.
:cry:

Replies

• RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Sent you a P. M. :flowerforyou:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    "All the world is mad except thee and me and even thee's a little odd!"

Love the quote in your signature. My Gran used to say that to me all the time. :heart:
    Hope you feel better soon - don't give up!
  • amyllu
    "All the world is mad except thee and me and even thee's a little odd!"

Love the quote in your signature. My Gran used to say that to me all the time. :heart:
    Hope you feel better soon - don't give up!

Thankyou for the sentiments, bless you!
    Actual saying used to end - "even thee's a little queer" but with the different connotation now I changed it to "odd" for a better understanding.
  • We used to say "...and I'm none too sure about thee!" which I always liked too.
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Thankyou for the sentiments, bless you!
    Actual saying used to end - "even thee's a little queer" but with the different connotation now I changed it to "odd" for a better understanding.

I can see why you would!

If it's any consolation, I seem to have a few weeks when I lose, followed by a couple when I STS. However, I am sticking to 'the plan' religiously, so I know I am not doing anything wrong. In fact, quite the opposite (and when the bloomin' blog gets fixed, I can actually show people!). I'm probably not in a position to advise you, as our situations are different, but I think that if you can manage to stop the bingeing and stick to your calorie limit, plus introduce some gentle exercise (even a five minute walk a day will help), you should start to see some results. Another thought is how accurate are your scales? Do they measure in whole pounds, or ounces as well? If whole pounds, it may be that you're actually losing a few ounces a week but it won't register until you've got to a pound, if you see what I mean. :smile:

Of course, after losing 30lbs (which is brilliant, by the way), perhaps you've simply plateaued. There are several threads here which cover what you can do to kick-start your metabolism again, so hopefully you'll find something which works for you.

Good luck with your journey - I think you must be a very amazing and determined woman! :flowerforyou:
  • amyllu
    Sorry havn't been posting as not been well.
    Unfortunately exercising is not something I can do being disabled now.
    I used to love going to the gym, swimming, gardening and loads of line dancing which I miss terribly but between having ankolising spondilitis and old age am just about completely house bound. .... :sad:
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    the space shuttle ?
  • amyllu
    (Quote)Of course, after losing 30lbs (which is brilliant, by the way), perhaps you've simply plateaued. There are several threads here which cover what you can do to kick-start your metabolism again, so hopefully you'll find something which works for you.

(Quote)

Thanks Goktor, Have had a bad week or so with a lot of pain to deal with but am feeling a lot better now, this does go in ups and downs unfortunately. Never really free from pain - sorry, having a right winge here..:ohwell:
    Started back on the wagon yesterday having put on 3lbs but not to worry.."Worse things at sea" as my mum used to say!!..:laugh:
This discussion has been closed.