Social things to do besides eat and drink

Options
2»

Replies

• pittielover23
    pittielover23 Posts: 268
    Options
    mini-golf, movie, lazer tag (seriously), hiking, look and find art fairs or other festivals in your area to go and browse, and if you do go out to eat, eat dinner before hand and get a small app and a low cal drink or two. That will keep you from going too overboard, but you can still have fun :)
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky my friends enjoy outdoorsy things like rock climbing and hiking :)

If we're staying indoors, we go bowling or out to a movie sometimes. We're also into playing trivia once per week at a few local bars, so maybe keep bar/restaurant activity to a planned weekly thing instead of nightly. We all decided on this because going out to eat too much was not only killing our waistlines but also our wallets.

We also go geocaching frequently, if you're familiar with it at all. Nerdy hobby :)
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    If the weather is good
    * Go to the park with friends (or even on my own with a good book)
    * Jump on a bus and head to the river, go for a nice long stroll along the Thames. Again this can be done with or without company
    * Walk along the local canal
    * head to the local market (granted it is a food market but that doesn't mean I have to eat)
    * Coffee at the local coffee shop, whilst sitting outside people watching
    * Go to the local Lido [outside swimming pool]
    * Have the girls round for a healthy al fresco lunch on the balcony and a gossip - I cook so I know what we are eating LOL!
    * Head to the beach for the day

If the weather is not so good
    * Head to a Gallery or Museum or Exhibition
    * See a film (but take my own snacks to the cinema)
    * Ice skating - either indoors or open air - it's great fun and good exercise
    * Head to the my local book store - it is massive and you can easily kill a few hours in there
    * Window shopping at the local shopping centre
    * Tenpin bowling
    * Quiz night at local pub
    * Head to a comedy club

All of the activites can be done with or without company!
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My family and some friends are on a bowling league, we can burn calories and have fun. Play volleyball in the back yard (summer is around the corner). Good friends will support you for this effort.