How to get thin legs?

Options
cszammit
cszammit Posts: 26 Member
hi,
I have always been a bit chabby, what exercise will help me to get slim legs?

thanks

Replies

• Dagnytaggert
    Options
    Hey lady. Believe it or not, heavy squats will do it. Start with just the bar and do 3 sets of 5 exercises each. Add five pounds or so to it every time you squat and do it three times a week. Make sure you go all the way down, though, no half-squats! You would be amazed at what squats can do for us women if we only did them with some heavy weights...
  • corieueber
    corieueber Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'd love to thin my calves - l'm hoping as l lose weight they will shrink
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    I am doing 30 days shred and there is a part where you have to do squats (both 1st and 2nd part) while you also have some weight in your hands.The second part is way harder ( I am doing right now the 2nd part of it it is only the 3rd day) but feeling so much all over my butt and upper legs so it must burn the fat or else it wouldn't hurt I guess :)))
    You can also try www.bodyrock.tv there are many different type of exercise that you might like.
    Good luck!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    My legs are getting bigger doing squats with 13 kgs perhaps I should back off on the weight?
  • Dagnytaggert
    Options
    I say don't back off the weight. I am no expert- I have only been powerlifting for 10 months now but let those legs get a little more muscular and don't worry about it. Eventually, you will lose the fat around your legs, the thighs especially, and then you will just have strong muscle left over.

Also, good for you for squatting with weights- so few women are willing to do it! I promise you, we don't have the testosterone to get super bulky- your legs won't just keep getting bigger and bigger! You also, since you are here dieting, you don't eat nearly enough to let your muscles get super big, either. Stay strong and add more weights!

**sorry had to edit a few typos**
  • mirapaigew
    mirapaigew Posts: 107
    Options
    Also, pilates & yoga will tone and slim your legs.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I say don't back off the weight. I am no expert- I have only been powerlifting for 10 months now but let those legs get a little more muscular and don't worry about it. Eventually, you will lose the fat around your legs, the thighs especially, and then you will just have strong muscle left over.

Also, good for you for squatting with weights- so few women are willing to do it! I promise you, we don't have the testosterone to get super bulky- your legs won't just keep getting bigger and bigger! You also, since you are here dieting, you don't eat nearly enough to let your muscles get super big, either. Stay strong and add more weights!

**sorry had to edit a few typos**