Frozen meals

Options
Ok, I know that frozen meals aren't usually that great for you a lot of the time because of sodium.

However, I was wondering if there are any family size frozen meals that are good and relatively healthy. I have had stouffers meatloaf and it is pretty reasonable (calories and whatnot). I just like being able to heat things up in the oven after my 12 1/2 hour shift instead of making a meal sometimes. I do try to make meals ahead of time, but you know how life is.

Can you help me at all?

Replies

• raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Ok, I know that frozen meals aren't usually that great for you a lot of the time because of sodium.

However, I was wondering if there are any family size frozen meals that are good and relatively healthy. I have had stouffers meatloaf and it is pretty reasonable (calories and whatnot). I just like being able to heat things up in the oven after my 12 1/2 hour shift instead of making a meal sometimes. I do try to make meals ahead of time, but you know how life is.

Can you help me at all?
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I don't know a lot about frozen meals, but have you tried a slow cooker or a crock pot? Al-Clad make a great slow cooker...Perhaps, the honey can turn it on in the morning or you can? What about one-pot type meals and rice (made in a rice cooker)?

I mainly cook the one-pot type meals for the boyfriend-it has meat and veggie, and serve it with rice. I am able to get the meal completed in the time it takes to cook the rice with minimal time spent-just prep and an occassional stir while cooking

Good Luck.
  • my3kids
    my3kids Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I eat them everyday and have lost over a 100 pounds eating them. I eat slim fast meal on the go for breakfast. i also add in fruits and veggies with every meal and eat them as a snack also.
    I have gotten to the point that i was at a stand still for a while and now starting tomorrow im back in business!!!:flowerforyou:
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    If you can find it where you live try: President's choice blue menu roasted vegetable lasagna.
    It's not too bad for healthy food: 270 calories for 1/4 of the tray (7 fat, 37 carb). We always pick one up when we do a big shop a superstore.

mary